Keg and BrewFlo problem

Paddy

so, I have this issue where one of my Irish Red kegs looked like it was going to explode. It hasn't deformed the keg like I've seen elsewhere as it fits into the Flo. The problem is the Flo keeps E3 erroring as it's trying to gas it up to the right pressure, not surprisingly I assume there's no room. Initially I could get beer out, must be close to 2 litres, but the beer has stopped flowing. It still looks like the keg could explode i.e. the liner is still plastered to the inside of the keg as if it's still full. There is no excess air from the black valve and obviously bugger all from the orange.

Anyone have any idea how I can retrieve the situation as I want my keg back? Now, I'm fully assuming I've done something wrong, just not sure what and just keen to move on to the next keg pronto!

On a side note, what I've managed to extract has been stunning.?

Paddy

Paddy, I'm not sure that there is anything in the FAQ's regarding the E3 BrewFlo issue. But it might be worth a check, if you have not already covered this aspect.  Is the little black poppet properly seated in the black coloured valve and in the orange valve ?  I recently had a bloated/distended keg that would not fit in the BeerFlo which was put down to a perforated keg liner causing an infection.  The black poppets and springs were all correctly seated.  Once I dealt with releasing the internal keg pressure the beer initially tasted fine, however, a few days later it was obviously bad.  Just my thoughts for what their worth.....!

Archived