Coopers English Bitter Experiment - Malt Ext

Hi guys

Iam trying an experiment with a tin of Coopers English Bitter in the beer droid, the recipe is thus:-

• 75% of the Cooper Malt Ext tin.
  • 500 gms Light Malt Powder.
  • 1000gms Dextrose.
  • 1 x std Coopers yeast sachet.

Brewing commenced today using the generic Ale program.

I got the temperature down from 33 deg before I pitched the yeast in by commencing a brew and it brought the temperature down to 22 deg C, then I switched the brew off and started a new one when all the ingredients were pitched in.

I am keen to know how to extend the brewing time after propogation, to ensure all the sugars have brewed out.

Iam expecting this to be quite strong.

Any thoughts on this or have I just wasted about $40.00

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mark Gillman said:

I am keen to know how to extend the brewing time after propogation, to ensure all the sugars have brewed out.

Iam expecting this to be quite strong.

Just let the Droid do it’s thing and when it advises the EOF I’d leave it in the Droid for 48hrs to ensure all the sugars have been converted. Keg/bottle just before it wants to go into Storage Mode.

This will be a strong brew, 8 to 9% perhaps. Prepare also for possible overflow from the Droid.

Should be a good brew, $40 of value.

Besides a few tester, should be good drinking 10 weeks +.

On 06/11/2022 at 2:40 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Just let the Droid do it’s thing and when it advises the EOF I’d leave it in the Droid for 48hrs to ensure all the sugars have been converted. Keg/bottle just before it wants to go into Storage Mode.

This will be a strong brew, 8 to 9% perhaps. Prepare also for possible overflow from the Droid.

Should be a good brew, $40 of value.

Besides a few tester, should be good drinking 10 weeks +.

I agree that this may be a frisky brew.  I usually split these 50/50.  Just curious.: What to do with the remaining 25% of the Cooper's Malt Ext?  -  Another creative experiment we hope?  

Happy brewing.  😀

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...