V1 vs V2 Beer Lines

Michael Brewblé

Hey team

picked up a second hand Droid and Brewflo (v1) recently, super excited to get some brews going.

I ordered the upgrade pack for the the Brewflo plus associated paraphernalia (new keg caps, new beer lines) along with my first few brewprints. When it arrived, the new beer lines looked like the old beer lines (ie including curly bit and plastic elbow). My layman's understanding is that part is now gone thanks to the flow con, and I've potentially been sent V1 beer lines by mistake; is that a true statement?

If so, can I just remove the thin curly part of the beer line and use the remaining part as the v2 beer line, or do I need to go back to Brewart and get the order corrected to proper v2 lines?

cheers

Michael

14 hours ago, Michael Brewblé said:

Hey team

picked up a second hand Droid and Brewflo (v1) recently, super excited to get some brews going.

I ordered the upgrade pack for the the Brewflo plus associated paraphernalia (new keg caps, new beer lines) along with my first few brewprints. When it arrived, the new beer lines looked like the old beer lines (ie including curly bit and plastic elbow). My layman's understanding is that part is now gone thanks to the flow con, and I've potentially been sent V1 beer lines by mistake; is that a true statement?

If so, can I just remove the thin curly part of the beer line and use the remaining part as the v2 beer line, or do I need to go back to Brewart and get the order corrected to proper v2 lines?

cheers

Michael

Hi Michael and welcome. I don’t think you can however will refer to the BrewArt Team for comment and your order issue.

For your assistance @BrewArt Team

• Thanks 2

G 'Day @Michael Brewblé

That's great to hear you've purchased some BrewArt equipment, welcome aboard. 

I apologise if you were sent the incorrect Beer Lines, unfortunately you can't just swap out the old Beer Lines for the new ones. Please get in touch with us at Store@brewart.com and we'll happily sort out any miss pick errors. 

Cheers

Welcome to the Forum, Michael,

I just compared my old beer lines for V1 with the new V2 beer lines.  The new beer line is about 2 inches (5 cm) longer than the old one if you cut off the curly part.  If you merely remove the black elbow connecter, leaving in the curly part, you could make a connection, but the springy, curly part may not function well under the new system.  It may be worth a try, but you might get some unusual results.  I agree with@Captain 3 Droids that it would be best to have BrewArt send the proper connectors.

The good news is that the new beer lines are simple hoses that could be found in the correct inner and outer diameters and then cut to length.  Hmm, is my penurious Irish/Scotch ancestry coming through?

Happy brewing. 😀

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello to the @BrewArt Team.

Thank you for all the support.  We appreciate your quick response to brewer's problems.

Your HaHa to my recent post may have two (or more) meanings:

• You were amused at my admission of Irish/Scottish penury.
  • You were going Bwa-Ha-Ha at my assumption that cheap plastic tubing could be found to replace your beer lines.

Either way, I appreciate all that you do.

Best wishes.  😀

Thanks everyone for the informative replies. I got in touch with BrewArt as suggested and the new lines are being shipped as we speak. @BrewArt Team, thanks for the swift fix. 

Can’t wait to try the first brew (Belgian Lager - should finish secondary day before Christmas; ack it might still be a bit raw but I’m having some anyway…)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Thagomizer said:

Hello to the @BrewArt Team.

Thank you for all the support.  We appreciate your quick response to brewer's problems.

Your HaHa to my recent post may have two (or more) meanings:

• You were amused at my admission of Irish/Scottish penury.
  • You were going Bwa-Ha-Ha at my assumption that cheap plastic tubing could be found to replace your beer lines.

Either way, I appreciate all that you do.

Best wishes.  😀

Haha, I'll let you make your own mind up on that one 😁

Cheers mate.