Where's the Captain?

Wazza_wantsbeer

Hey all,

Things have seemed a little quiet around here and then it dawned on me, I haven't seen any posts by @Captain 3 Droids  in quite some time. Checking his profile, it looks like his last post was on December 28, 2022.

Has anyone heard from him? I hope he is okay and just taking a break from the Interweb and being the BrewArt Yoda.

Also, haven't seen a lot of @Dustin Frothman who no doubt is busy and hopefully got back to his dream job which COVID interrupted.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@Wazza_wantsbeer,

I also am missing the Captain.  He was the first to welcome me to the forum and was a gold mine of experience and advice.  His last visit to the forum was December 31, 2022.  I sent a personal email (through the forum software) on January 15, 2023, but never got a response.

@Dustin Frothman, another valued and favorite poster of brewing wisdom, was last seen on March 15, 2023, so I am not so worried about him.  All of us get busy with other aspects of life... "but what could be more important than good beer?" (Says the retired professor who sleeps in whenever possible.)  

am anxious about the Captain, however.  If the circumstances are not too personal, I would appreciate information about his status.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/04/2023 at 10:44 PM, Sam Armstrong said:

I too don't want to be nosy or touching into someone's personal space, but even as a less prolific poster in this board I just hope he ok. C3D always helps out anyone on here

I'm also a little concerned about The Captain's welfare. It appears he dropped off the board just a day or two before i joined, so I've never had any direct interaction with him, but his input on all the topics I've used to research my brewing has been invaluable. Even a brief perusal of the archived topics shows how important he's been here.

I have nothing but the utmost in respect for everyone's right to privacy, so I really hope I'm not out of line here, but is it worth considering that someone here, perhaps the Brewart team or someone else who lives in his area, might be able to check and see if he's alright? If nothing else, I think maybe he might like to know that we are all concerned. 

Anyway, it's just a thought....

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
On 03/05/2023 at 5:16 AM, Steve Gyldenvand said:

I'm also a little concerned about The Captain's welfare. It appears he dropped off the board just a day or two before i joined, so I've never had any direct interaction with him, but his input on all the topics I've used to research my brewing has been invaluable. Even a brief perusal of the archived topics shows how important he's been here.

I have nothing but the utmost in respect for everyone's right to privacy, so I really hope I'm not out of line here, but is it worth considering that someone here, perhaps the Brewart team or someone else who lives in his area, might be able to check and see if he's alright? If nothing else, I think maybe he might like to know that we are all concerned. 

Anyway, it's just a thought....

Does anyone have any updated information re the Captain??

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey BrewArtists,

We appreciate you checking in on a fellow brewer.

Earlier this year The Captain shared with us that he’d be having a break from brewing and asked us to not broadcast this.

However, seeing your conversation, we thought it was appropriate to let you know he’d been in touch with us.

It’s great to see such a strong community spirit here and we’re sure he’d appreciate it.

Cheers,

BrewArt Team

10 hours ago, BrewArt Team said:

Hey BrewArtists,

We appreciate you checking in on a fellow brewer.

Earlier this year The Captain shared with us that he’d be having a break from brewing and asked us to not broadcast this.

However, seeing your conversation, we thought it was appropriate to let you know he’d been in touch with us.

It’s great to see such a strong community spirit here and we’re sure he’d appreciate it.

Cheers,

BrewArt Team

Thanks Team, the update is appreciated.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1