Couldn't Connect Beer Droid to WiFi

Geedee

I have just spent many hours with Liam as he was sorting a problem of the WiFi in my home not recognising the Droid.

What happened was that I put my first brew down and had the WiFi and everything working well.

Well one of my computers decided to do an update and this coupled with face time calls over Xmas caused me to run out of internet.

(thanks telstra)

The Droid became disconnected from my modem and I could not re connect it until the brew had finished. 

It finished after 7 days and I cleaned everything keggd the beer and then tried to reconnect to the wifi on my droid.

Well that when the trouble started. My WiFi name would not appear on the list on the App so I had nothing to select for connection.

We went through everything trying the three methods listed to connect, then we went into the menu of the wifi modem and set and reset the settings all without success, then Liam suggested that we remove the actual battery from my wireless modem.

I did this and as soon as the battery was refitted the droid then "held hands" with the WiFi modem.

it is working perfectly now and I can not thank Liam enough for his patience and for his time to get to the bottom of the problem.

What great service.

• Upvote 1

Hi Liam,

Unfortunately my Droid has lost contact with the wifi again after about one day into the brew.

I can not see any reason for this happening this time as our wifi is on and has plenty of data left.

I will leave it to finish the brew and then see if it will hook up to the wifi without the problems that we went through last time.

I am now about 3 days into the process..

I may have to just use it as a manual fermenter and not rely on wifi connection.

I would have thought that wifi should re connect at any time. Maybe a software update to provide this function??

Hi GeeDee,

That's no good at all, this has been a very odd case.

The BeerDroid does automatically reconnect to Wi-Fi once the original connection has been established. There should be no need to go through the set up again every time.  

I'll contact you via private message and attempt some troubleshooting.

Liam

4 minutes ago, BrewArt Team said:

Hi GeeDee,

That's no good at all, this has been a very odd case.

The BeerDroid does automatically reconnect to Wi-Fi once the original connection has been established. There should be no need to go through the set up again every time.  

I'll contact you via private message and attempt some troubleshooting.

Liam

Thanks Liam,

it is 4 days and 19 hours into the brew so should I wait until the brew is finished?

Thanks to the miracles of NBN, my internet connectivity has been dreadful right across Christmas.

It was actually the Brewart app that first clued me in to something going wrong with the 'net because it kept repeatedly telling me that it lost (and subsequently re-found) my 'droid.

Then the kids started complaining.

Then the internet went away entirely for weeks.

Then I got bored..

https://imgur.com/a/EBPOO

BUT, after about a zillion cycles, my 'droid unfailingly reconnected with wifi and the Brewart server whenever it was able and my brew completed.  That piece of functionality looks pretty stable to me after NBN tested it to hell and back.  My money is on your wifi router.

Yes dcm, I think the router has a problem whereby if it loses connection it doesnt want to re connect.

I actually just completed my second brew and turned the droid off to clean it and prepare it for the next brew.

I placed all the ingredients in and turned ot back on and it connected without a problem within a few seconds of the power being switched on.

This is not the same as turning the Modem off or it losing its charge.

I have been going through a menu that I found in the modem app and there is a few settings in there that I would like to try but want to get a few brews ahead first. I will report here and to Liam if I do find anything.

Edited by Geedee

On 9 January 2018 at 8:00 AM, Geedee said:

Hi Liam,

Unfortunately my Droid has lost contact with the wifi again after about one day into the brew.

I can not see any reason for this happening this time as our wifi is on and has plenty of data left.

I will leave it to finish the brew and then see if it will hook up to the wifi without the problems that we went through last time.

I am now about 3 days into the process..

I may have to just use it as a manual fermenter and not rely on wifi connection.

I would have thought that wifi should re connect at any time. Maybe a software update to provide this function??

I should add to this so that all reading this topic know where I am at.

Liam and I spoke about this and I regained the connection by removing and refitting the battery in the modem.

As Liam says, this should just reconnect when there is a signal so I am still observing any anomalies. 

• 2 years later...