One Fifty Lashes or Fat Yak

Colin Norris

I just had a quick look at the Beer Assist on the BrewArt site which came up with the American Pale Ale for Fat Yak but nothing came up for One Fifty Lashes.

I guess you could try some of the pale ale BrewPrints to see if they taste similar to the commercial version.

The key would be to work out what Hop ingredients align with the commercial version.

150 Lashes has the following hops. I would take a stab in the dark and suggest that Willamette is used for the predominant bittering in the 150.

Here are what look to be the corresponding BrewArt Ingredients

Amarillo - Ingredient H1

Willamette - ??

Nelson Sauvin - ??

Galaxy - Ingredient H6

Now you have the issue of working out a suitable base to start from. I would suggest a fairly neutral Pale Ale would be Coopers Pale Ale. Then start experimenting with hop additions as per the commercial version, although i would suggest actually purchasing hops from a Brew Store as i'm not sure whether the H1 and H6 are actually based on Amarillo and Galaxy.

It's quite light in colour and just 4.2% ABV. I'd imagine that 4 x Elements/Enhancers will be ample.

As for the hop character, there's not much going on, both bitterness and aroma/flavour.  I should add that I only have the SA brewed 150 to go by...

Maybe H6??

Archived