Jump to content
Barrelboy

Spoke Amber Ale (part kit)

Recommended Posts

Put in the droid yesterday (9/7/19) a Spoke Amber Ale using both Brewprint and other ingredients.

1/2 tin of Coopers Australian Pale Ale

1 x E2

250g ldme (light dry malt extract)

250g dry amber malt extract

Y4 yeast 

dry hop 20g of Centennial hop pellets in about 5 days time.

Will inform of out come in the future when ready to consume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Belgian lager is a good drop, really enjoyed that one

Thanks that’s encouraging, as I enjoy the Bavarian Lager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/07/2019 at 10:00 AM, Barrelboy said:

Kegged 16/7/19 and will report when ready and being consumed. Have replaced with a Belgian Larger Blueprint.

Nice drop but a bit too sweet for me. It is the style so that’s fine. Enjoyable, malt driven sweet ale with crisp finish.6E1F23BC-2D6C-466A-A91E-6716732EABC7.thumb.jpeg.d5eb6ed05e13f202bd33f52b50135d5b.jpegB673E50A-7B6D-47B5-9A70-0BA8C5746A75.thumb.jpeg.96334894f33487ef40eae1fc0270b502.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So having the Spoke amber ale that has punched passed 2 weeks. Also in the name of science. This is tasty already , agree with you Mark it is sweet and hopefully the flavors smooth out with a couple more weeks 🙂 . Very very low carbonation though . Have noticed that all my brews are coming this way so far . Could I be doing something wrong , the tiny head on there was from a long pour haha

20191220_155011.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

So having the Spoke amber ale that has punched passed 2 weeks. Also in the name of science. This is tasty already , agree with you Mark it is sweet and hopefully the flavors smooth out with a couple more weeks 🙂 . Very very low carbonation though . Have noticed that all my brews are coming this way so far . Could I be doing something wrong , the tiny head on there was from a long pour haha

20191220_155011.jpg

How are you keeping it? Bottles, kegs or whatever?

 

Just asking cause 2 weeks is the bare minimum, it is better left longer unless you force carb  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah this was coopers plastics . This is just a sampler but I will probably push it till Feb now . I have a carton of shop bought to get through Xmas then i am on a Bintang diet until the end of Feb haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/12/2019 at 7:03 PM, Paul84 said:

Yeah this was coopers plastics . This is just a sampler but I will probably push it till Feb now . I have a carton of shop bought to get through Xmas then i am on a Bintang diet until the end of Feb haha

How is it now? Still sweet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I havent actually had any since lol.. let them age away . I do have a bottle in the fridge saving it for shift change tomorrow . Will update :-D. The 5 litre keg is looking a little sad.  It pumped itself up when starting the carbonation on secondary, but now look 2/3rd full lol . 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just opened the second keg of the Amber that's been maturing for about 7 weeks. It's definately less sweet than the first keg and has a much better head, but is dissapointingly thin. I'll try adding some maltodextrose next time to give it some body.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Will Powell said:

I just opened the second keg of the Amber that's been maturing for about 7 weeks. It's definately less sweet than the first keg and has a much better head, but is dissapointingly thin. I'll try adding some maltodextrose next time to give it some body.

Thanks for that and smart move with the maltodextrin.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a tasty drop still . Flavor has smoothed out now . I cant say it is sweet now.  Has a sweetness underneath that alcohol bitters i expect in some ales. Still zero head retention but same as Will might still looking at enhancers to help.

20200220_182143.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul84 said:

Quite a tasty drop still . Flavor has smoothed out now . I cant say it is sweet now.  Has a sweetness underneath that alcohol bitters i expect in some ales. Still zero head retention but same as Will might still looking at enhancers to help.

20200220_182143.jpg

Looks ok, so that head disappears fairly quick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Like 10 seconds ... gone . Still very carbonated though so drinking wasnt a problem 

Try washing the glass in very hot water, it’s amazing how a film can build up but not be seen. However if well carbonated it doesn’t really matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...