Robs mystery box

I stick a couple of bottles in each brew into "the mystery box" now labels, no pretences, no names, just drink and enjoy.

Think I may have had a Lion City, if so, not bad but enjoying the cricket on, kids to bed, contemplating eggs and bacon for breakfast and at least another one or two

On 05/08/2019 at 10:12 PM, Barrelboy said:

Love the idea of the “mystery box”. I’ve always labelled mine, might follow your lead.

Eggs and bacon, now you got me thinking. 🤔 

Was good fun, bit of cricket watching, few longnecks...early up next morning, scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, coffee...then the kids woke up. 

• Thanks 1

On 05/08/2019 at 8:17 PM, Rob Courtney said:

I stick a couple of bottles in each brew into "the mystery box" now labels, no pretences, no names, just drink and enjoy.

Think I may have had a Lion City, if so, not bad but enjoying the cricket on, kids to bed, contemplating eggs and bacon for breakfast and at least another one or two

Was just rearranging the boxes of beer under the stairs in the main room...and I hadn't put a bottle of Tiger into the soon to be "depressing Corona, non mystery" box.

So, that delicious beer will be a mystery, much like Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster and why a woman says when you are first dating " I really like a guy with a sense of humour" yet a year later screams in your face " Is everything a f@#king joke to you?"

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 29/02/2020 at 9:01 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Bottle of Weisbeer has cheered me up no end. Must be the last one and at 16 weeks is god damned delicious

Not quite mystery box but there were a couple of Grolsch bottles in my box with Bohemian. Thought they might be West Coast Pale so I stuck one in the freezer, pulled it out and poured it as i was serving up tacos.

Bloody Weisbeer, bit under 5 months. The wheat taste is very mild now but you could just session the bejesus out of it on a nice summers day. Still hold this as the best of the $17 beers and by a fair margin too

• 1 month later...

Two more sips...seriously Under rated.

If anyone asked me which lager to brew, I'd tell them to brew Belgian, if you asked me which lager to impress your friends at 7 weeks secondary, this, Birra, Belgian and Lawnmower would be in the frame...and you wouldn't be wrong whichever one you picked 

7 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Two more sips...seriously Under rated.

If anyone asked me which lager to brew, I'd tell them to brew Belgian, if you asked me which lager to impress your friends at 7 weeks secondary, this, Birra, Belgian and Lawnmower would be in the frame...and you wouldn't be wrong whichever one you picked 

Spot on! Both have in the top 10

• 9 months later...

Been mucking around throwing mixed boxes together and for the guy who remember peoples phone numbers and emails in my head (but not so much where I left my effin' keys and if I could just find the god damned glasses maybe I could find them) so yeah, no idea what this stubbie is. Been mucking around with hops mixes too much to just go "Oh that's a...".

Think it's an Aussie premium...but whatever, a very nice brew

• Like 1