A Chinese boy, come here. I hope to become friends with everybody. Is learning to use the equipment

21 minutes ago, RONGTAN CHEN said:

A Chinese boy, come here. Nice to meet you, like everyone to learn.
English is not good, please forgive ~
2019.810 I buy equipment, there are many places don't understand, I hope to make friends with all of you.

Hi, Mark here. Welcome to the forum and hope you gain the information you seek. Will help as much as possible. Have you brewed before? Beer preferences, what do you like?

21 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Hi, Mark here. Welcome to the forum and hope you gain the information you seek. Will help as much as possible. Have you brewed before? Beer preferences, what do you like?

Welcome. I am new to using the BrewArt equipment as well so still leaning. Happy to help where I can and to hear how you go as well. Cheers Terry

11 minutes ago, Rennce said:

Welcome. I am new to using the BrewArt equipment as well so still leaning. Happy to help where I can and to hear how you go as well. Cheers Terry

With the answers to basic questions asked I think the limited English and understanding are unfortunately going to be too difficult or is this a bit of fun?

1 hour ago, Barrelboy said:

With the answers to basic questions asked I think the limited English and understanding are unfortunately going to be too difficult or is this a bit of fun?

Bit of both? I am guessing that a) some one is taking the p... b) they are using an online translation app that doesn’t cope well with brewing terminology  😁.  But hey I am willing to keep an open mind and help if I can

28 minutes ago, Rennce said:

Bit of both? I am guessing that a) some one is taking the p... b) they are using an online translation app that doesn’t cope well with brewing terminology  😁.  But hey I am willing to keep an open mind and help if I can

Yes, I’m with you. Will help if required. Didn’t think of those translation apps.

1 hour ago, RONGTAN CHEN said:

Thank you very much for your brother's help, I met a very troublesome thing, my winemaking equipment is leaking.

微信图片_20190822090955.jpg

微信图片_201908220909551.jpg

Hi again. Sorry can not help with wine making equipment, this is a beer forum using BrewArt equipment. If you do not have this equipment then you really need to join a wine making forum, or if wanting to make beer, a beer making forum.

Are putting the bung the right way up, the curved section must be up the top. Ensure bung is all the way in. You could try using some keg lube, that’s a food safe lubricant gel. 

Like this

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F292600956220

Edited by Barrelboy

Chen, I had the same problem with the bung leaking one time and I just wrapped some plumbers tape around it to stop the leak. Then on the next brew, I wrapped some plumber tape around the bung itself which helped to fashion a better fit and stop the leak

陈,我有同样的问题,一次,我包裹一些水管工胶带,以阻止泄漏。然后在下一次酿造,我包裹一些水管工磁带周围的bung本身

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 22/08/2019 at 1:09 PM, Rennce said:

You could try and make a new bung

I suddenly developed a leaking bung after 13 brews. I removed any loosened material on the bung and then applied some food grade lube to it and solved the problem. Reported it to Brewart and they sent me 4 replacement bungs from a new improved material.

Edited by Eltham Brewing House
  • Upvote 2