Revolution Dark Lager

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

227860621_darklager.thumb.jpg.53b3a24efb2641ccf719f909a774304d.jpg

This post could also go in the Brewing Mistakes thread and is a great lesson in "more is not always better".

Second time I've brewed this beer and thought I'd try 50g of Amarillo. The first keg was almost undrinkable so I left the second for 3 months and it was much better. 

I think this is the last glass. A nice beer to end the day after a few hours of work in the garden.

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 26/3/22 at 5:12 PM, Captain 3 Droids said:

I put this one done today, will dry hop day 5 with 30g Amarillo and 10 Citra.

Now where are you at Dustin Frothman? Like me another cunning plan in limbo.

Oh boy , at about 7 weeks so delightful. The Amarillo and citra are right there, great combination. Long lasting after taste with firm sharp bitterness.583C2DA1-3767-4D1E-B294-EDDD2D0343BF.thumb.jpeg.de53ce8c739d6a4cf82b4a9a0aa7457a.jpeg

8 minutes ago, sza said:

@Captain 3 Droids  Want to know how to brew a Revolution Dark Lager. I thought it used to have a instructions sheet inside each brewprint. Is it available online somewhere?

Yes, if you go into BrewArt 101 via the BrewArt app there are a number of videos. 
For this brew, fill droid with 10l of water. Sprinkle the yeast (Y8) on the surface (with all brews yeast is first), then spread on the surface on top of the yeast the E2, E5, X1 and X3. (I do this by cutting the corner off a pack and spreading slowly into the droid to avoid creating malt “clouds” - like dust). 
Now secure the lid, turn the Droid on, select the lager mode using the down button, then press the “tick” button.

If you are kegging add the H1 liquid sachets to the keg/s before filling. If bottling add both to the Droid at EOF (end of fermentation and leave for 24hrs to 48hrs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sza said:

@Captain 3 Droids thank you for the instructions. Are these institutions normally included with the kit? 

Also I got Primer <P> . I guess I have to add it with H1 to each Keg. 

Also do you use the filter when kegging?

No I don’t think the instructions are included but I don’t buy the BrewPrints, just the ingredients. However the process of brewing is the same for all brews, ie yeast in followed by the other E, X, packs. What changes the most is the program, ale, lager or custom mode.

Yes add a  H1 to each keg, with a primer (P).

I rarely use the filter and would not with the liquid hop sachets, however it is necessary if you dry hop with pellets directly into the Droid. 

• Thanks 1