Bush Chook

Could suggest 2 x E5, 2 x X1, 100g maltodextrin (mixed  in some water and added to droid before the yeast), steep 15g cluster hops or pride of Ringwood, Y7 yeast. Think this could work, in any event should be a good drop. About 4.5%.
You could also by a kit pack for a brew shop, make up 1/2 and add to droid (not much fun in that)
(Take no responsibility if crap, lol)

13 minutes ago, Jared King said:

@Barrelboy I’ll give it a crack! Hops in after fermentation finished?

No, in before yeast etc. To steep you need to boil say a litre of water, turn off and add the hop pellets in a hop bag for 30min. Then remove the bag, pour liquid into droid and top up to your 10l (I don’t like to put hot liquid first thing into the droid so fill half way then add).

Another way other than a hop bag is a sanitised litre coffee plunger, easy or if without either,  steep hops direct in the just boiled water and strain into the droid with a fine sanitised strainer.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Barrelboy @Paul84 I’m new at the whole beer appreciation thing but this is ummm delightfully bitter but fresh at the same time and smells fkn lubbly. Good call @Barrelboy I used magnum hops as they didn’t have pride of Ringwood but they are supposed to be equivalent? Any how got a mate coming round so the 10l will be gone tonight 😂

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Jared King said:

@Barrelboy @Paul84 I’m new at the whole beer appreciation thing but this is ummm delightfully bitter but fresh at the same time and smells fkn lubbly. Good call @Barrelboy I used magnum hops as they didn’t have pride of Ringwood but they are supposed to be equivalent? Any how got a mate coming round so the 10l will be gone tonight 😂

Sounds like it has turned out ok, the Magnum hops do have some similarities and are good for bitterness. Your choice I’d say is acceptable for this brew. Will await tasting and comparison report.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 03/07/2020 at 5:35 PM, Paul84 said:

Bitter is good for a chook clone . Will have to give it a go next month. How close do you reckon it got to export ? Or just a good lager/bitter clone ? 

Yeah I think you are spot on with the lager/bitter clone Paul, lacking some export flavour but I like bitter beers so it’s a thumbs up for me. 

• Upvote 2