Bottling valve connector

Mick

Hi all

A newbie to this, my better half bought me a beerdroid (still on it's way) for my birthday and for now will be bottling my brews. I do not need any PET bottles just the bottling valve and connector but it appears you can only get them all in one pack. Has anyone used a normal bottling valve from a home brew shop and adapted it for the beerdroid tap?

Apologies if this has been covered before.

Cheers

Mick

33 minutes ago, Mick said:

Hi all

A newbie to this, my better half bought me a beerdroid (still on it's way) for my birthday and for now will be bottling my brews. I do not need any PET bottles just the bottling valve and connector but it appears you can only get them all in one pack. Has anyone used a normal bottling valve from a home brew shop and adapted it for the beerdroid tap?

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick, Mark here and welcome. I don’t think they do fit. However I believe you can get it to work with a short piece of tube that will fit over the droid tap and the filler rod will fit inside the tube. Or ask at local brew shop if one near you.  Waiting for the droid is painful but worth it. If you haven’t already down load the manual and read up before it arrives.

cheers and feel free to ask any questions.

3 hours ago, Mick said:

Hi all

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick, I used the bottling valve once and haven't again from that point. If you really have to have one, I can post you my one

• 3 weeks later...

Direct to bottle here. just tilt the bottle and pull the tap half way.

A little tip if using the PET bottles. Fill to about 1.5cm from top, then squeeze the bottle untill liquid at very top and put lid on. This will remove any oxygen in the bottle, and the secondary fermentation will produce carbon dioxide that will pressurize and expand the bottle back to normal.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Percy said:

A little tip if using the PET bottles. Fill to about 1.5cm from top, then squeeze the bottle untill liquid at very top and put lid on. This will remove any oxygen in the bottle, and the secondary fermentation will produce carbon dioxide that will pressurize and expand the bottle back to normal.

Good tip. Did you see post after your post on the stone and Wood?

5 hours ago, Percy said:

That's an excellent tip