BeerDriod Lid.

Hello All,

I am on my second brew and I am experiencing leakage like the first time. I now know to expect this and can periodically wipe clean 😀

But I do have a question in regards to the lid. The backside of the lid appears to be have a slight gap compared to the from which is very tight. Lid seems to have been connected corrected but now I feel it click into place rather that before it got progressively tighter.

If I press down on the back part of the lid it moves a little, not much but a bit. Since it was the back it might have been like that before just wondering if the seating of the lid is never perfect and the rubber gasket is the important part to keep things air tight.

Any thoughts.

-Alan

4 hours ago, Alan Batchelor said:

Hello All,

I am on my second brew and I am experiencing leakage like the first time. I now know to expect this and can periodically wipe clean 😀

But I do have a question in regards to the lid. The backside of the lid appears to be have a slight gap compared to the from which is very tight. Lid seems to have been connected corrected but now I feel it click into place rather that before it got progressively tighter.

If I press down on the back part of the lid it moves a little, not much but a bit. Since it was the back it might have been like that before just wondering if the seating of the lid is never perfect and the rubber gasket is the important part to keep things air tight.

Any thoughts.

-Alan

The lid should be even all round, when you first put it on it should sit flat and you turn it clockwise to lock into place. I would say it would be very difficult for the lid to be warped so I suspect either the rubber seal is not totally in its place or could you have it the wrong way around. Standing in front of the unit the “B” on the handle should have the black down the bottom left and the white to the top right.

• Thanks 1

What beer are you brewing @Alan Batchelor? I find the high alcohol/high sugar brews overflow a bit more . Most porters and stouts give me nice little chocolate bubbles pouring out the side usually.  Most ales leave me be , except for the pineapple crush IPA lol . I think the lid will be fine though , like Mark said above juat keep an eye on that B 😁

• Upvote 1

Hi  @Paul84

I think the lid operation with the B is a very nice feature, makes it fool proof. I think I panicked a bit because I did clean the seal and when I close the lid now it seems easier and there is a slight click into place. But looking at pictures I took during my first brew the gaps are the same a bit more snug at the front. The leakage is from the two ports on the side, nothing front or back which makes me think all is fine.

I am 4 days into brewing the Narci-Citrus IPA. I switched out the yeast for Safale s-04 which I have used in other NE Style IPA's. I dry hopped with some Citra & Amarillo pellets at the 48 hour mark. I have not decided if I will use the Galaxy pouches that came with the brewprint after fermentation is complete. Probably do a taste test and then decide if to add and leave for another 24 hours.. 

The color in the window looks very nice and bubbling away nicely. I think all is fine 🙂

I will let you know how it turns out..

~Alan

• Upvote 2

Paul

I am trying to get a lighter color, cloudy & juicy brew. I think Narci will come out a bit darker than I want. But hoping the taste and bitterness is spot on. I have the Pineapple Crush that I will do as a mango and again dry hop. This might come out a lighter color I am after..

I am thinking this might be my go to NEIPA but need to try a few more beer prints first 🙂

2 x E5 and 2 x E1

1 x X2 and 1 x X1

2 x H6 after fermentation.

Dry Hop early with Citra/Amarillo/Cascade

Yeast Safale s-04 or Lallemand LalBrew New England

~Alan

Edited by Alan Batchelor
  • Upvote 1