Prancing Pony Amber Ale

Would like some ideas on how to make this. A good friend drinks it and she is about 10 weeks from being a mum, so with that time frame plus not being able to drink for a while after whilst you feed the kid, so I have time up my sleeve to make a clone of this and have it bottled for maybe 8 weeks secondary. Would appreciate any input on this.

@BrewArt Team

24 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Would like some ideas on how to make this. A good friend drinks it and she is about 10 weeks from being a mum, so with that time frame plus not being able to drink for a while after whilst you feed the kid, so I have time up my sleeve to make a clone of this and have it bottled for maybe 8 weeks secondary. Would appreciate any input on this.

@BrewArt Team

I’m wondering if you need to steep some cracked crystal grain for this one or some addition amber to the Brewprint Spoke Amber Ale? Interesting.

Edited by Barrelboy

On 20/06/2020 at 11:14 AM, Rob Courtney said:

@BrewArt Team

G'day @Rob Courtney ,

What a great idea for a present! 

I've had to eyeball the colour from photos on the internet so that may need some adjusting, but the IBU is advertised on their website which always makes things a little easier. 

I'd tackle it like this:
E1, E2, E2, E2, X3, Y1, H1, H1 
Brewing Program: Ale
ABV: 5.5% > IBU: 33 > EBC: 35

Please let me know how it works out.

Cheers

8 hours ago, BrewArt Team said:

G'day @Rob Courtney ,

What a great idea for a present! 

I've had to eyeball the colour from photos on the internet so that may need some adjusting, but the IBU is advertised on their website which always makes things a little easier. 

I'd tackle it like this:
E1, E2, E2, E2, X3, Y1, H1, H1 
Brewing Program: Ale
ABV: 5.5% > IBU: 33 > EBC: 35

Please let me know how it works out.

Cheers

Thank you so much...and on a plus, I have Amarillo hops and an X3 and I was wondering what to do with them. This may be quite a few months before I get to it though, I think I have about another 12 brews left to do, so I'd like to get the ingredients down a bit before I re order...although in saying that, just as likely to bang out an order on the sly :) 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 22/6/20 at 7:56 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Thank you so much...and on a plus, I have Amarillo hops and an X3 and I was wondering what to do with them. This may be quite a few months before I get to it though, I think I have about another 12 brews left to do, so I'd like to get the ingredients down a bit before I re order...although in saying that, just as likely to bang out an order on the sly :) 

Did you end up doing this?