Sodium Percarbonate

4 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Just checking with the brains trust before I make a purchase.

Fairly sure I've read here and elsewhere that as a general "cleaner" Sodium Percarbonate is the preferred product to use alongside your sanitising solution. 

Can someone please confirm?

Confirm, all brewing equipment, even the hop bombs or hop bags. A bit of hot water at first helps to dissolve it, need to soak for a while (active about 6 hours but can leave overnight until required. Rinse off before putting away.

• Upvote 1

Hey Mate , yeah i use the SP for bottle cleaning . I find it leaves a few soapy marks but once sanitized the insides are sparkly clean. I know Mark has mentioned a good practice is also to rinse as soon as you finish the bottles if you can with hot water and let air dry upside down and the bottle clean isnt as important 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Paul84 said:

Hey Mate , yeah i use the SP for bottle cleaning . I find it leaves a few soapy marks but once sanitized the insides are sparkly clean. I know Mark has mentioned a good practice is also to rinse as soon as you finish the bottles if you can with hot water and let air dry upside down and the bottle clean isnt as important 

Thanks Paul. 

I have a set of the Coopers PET bottles that came with the kit but I don't really plan on bottling much but this is good to know anyway should I change my mind during the journey. I know bottling a portion of a brew allows you to taste at intervals along the way so perhaps I will try that at some stage.

• Upvote 1