Spear Length

Youngy

Hi All,

New member here, ordered a new Beerdroid (awaiting delivery) and have just purchased a 2nd had Brewflo with 8 kegs.

When going through the Brewflo gear  trying to work out what I have and I noticed some of the spears are different lengths.

I have 10 spears, 3 of which are longer than the others, just wondering if anyone can tell me of why they would be longer or the others shorter?

Cheers,

Youngy

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Youngy said:

Hi All,

New member here, ordered a new Beerdroid (awaiting delivery) and have just purchased a 2nd had Brewflo with 8 kegs.

When going through the Brewflo gear  trying to work out what I have and I noticed some of the spears are different lengths.

I have 10 spears, 3 of which are longer than the others, just wondering if anyone can tell me of why they would be longer or the others shorter?

Cheers,

Youngy

Hi Youngy. I don’t use those kegs however how much shorter are they? I wonder if they were cut short so as not to suck up any sediment that may be in the bottom of the keg.

in any event will bring this to the attention of Rob, Beerflo keg trouble shooter. @Rob Courtney

Cheers Mark

21 hours ago, Youngy said:

Hi All,

Cheers,

Youngy

About 8 months ago Brewart brought out a new keg design that had feet on the bottom so you no longer had to buy the keg hold (which was a further $6 a keg) The new kegs were a little shorter and they came with a new spear, which was shorter than the original spears. I'm pretty sure at the time Brewart said that the old spears could still be used in the new keg. Sounds like you may have just gotten some of the old spears in your pack, that is all.

I'd suggest just double checking ( as I already had enough kegs before the new design came out so I can't definitely say they do fit) by putting a keg together with the longer spear, there should be a gap between the bottom of the spear and the floor of the keg, if there is, all good, brew on, in the event that the spear is too long, then contact Brewart and they will replace for you but it shouldn't be an issue. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

About 8 months ago Brewart brought out a new keg design that had feet on the bottom so you no longer had to buy the keg hold (which was a further $6 a keg) The new kegs were a little shorter and they came with a new spear, which was shorter than the original spears. I'm pretty sure at the time Brewart said that the old spears could still be used in the new keg. Sounds like you may have just gotten some of the old spears in your pack, that is all.

I'd suggest just double checking ( as I already had enough kegs before the new design came out so I can't definitely say they do fit) by putting a keg together with the longer spear, there should be a gap between the bottom of the spear and the floor of the keg, if there is, all good, brew on, in the event that the spear is too long, then contact Brewart and they will replace for you but it shouldn't be an issue. 

Interestingly nothing on the store suggests that the new kegs don't require keg holds. If they don't then an update would be appreciated.

I have both styles of kegs and when I purchased some new kegs recently I added the keg holds as was not aware of the new design.

I'm not bothered either way. If anything the keg holds probably prevent the kegs being knocked over accidentally either in storage on when pre-chilling in the fridge.

Thanks for the reply's

FYI, The log spears are 27.5cm long and the others are 22.5cm long

It appears I have 4 older kegs and 4 newer kegs (little feet)

All the air valves look like the new version (no protruding feet on the bottom)

I have 7 new keg caps (full length entry port) and one old keg cap (will need to send email to support)

A good video about the spear pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_WQO3sER8U&fbclid=IwAR2UkAAzfasck3wCSC4rxTPc4BpEICScCqsBEm9XukMUs_cKSuNzIiXP3-I

Cheers,

Youngy

• Upvote 1