What do I need to get started?

Hi All!

I ordered my BeerDroid and it will be here on Monday! I am looking to bottle the beer and wanted to make sure I get the most use out of my 10% coupon. I was going to order a startup set of bottles, a back up set and a bottle filling adapter. 

Also thinking of adding a few recipes as well. Should I order as a set, or order the ingredients individually because I don't need the kegging items.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, JAMES WRAY said:

Hi All!

I ordered my BeerDroid and it will be here on Monday! I am looking to bottle the beer and wanted to make sure I get the most use out of my 10% coupon. I was going to order a startup set of bottles, a back up set and a bottle filling adapter. 

Also thinking of adding a few recipes as well. Should I order as a set, or order the ingredients individually because I don't need the kegging items.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance!

I would recommend the hop filter as well. I recommend trying the dry hoping kits.

Probably just stick to the kits, The only kegging ingredient is the primers, so dont wory about that.

• Upvote 2

Hi James and welcome.

You can order the recipes as boxed Brewprints however you are correct that you will not need the primers provided as these are designed for use with the Brewflo kegging system.

As an alternative you can order all the ingredients for each recipe separately but you will need to add carbonation drops for the secondary fermentation stage in your bottles. These can be purchased on the Brewart site here:

https://brewart.com/au/store/supplies

Keep a couple of things in mind when you purchase ingredients separately; be careful to order everything you need as it will be a pain for you to realise you're missing an ingredient. Boxed Brewprints are designed to simplify this part of the process, so perhaps for your first couple of brews you may find it easier to order these and be ready to go straight out of the box. Otherwise there is a spreadsheet in another thread on this forum that might assist you in keeping track of everything when you place an order.

You will also need something to clean and sanitise your BeerDroid, bottles and equipment. A boxed Brewprint is supplied with one Droid Cleanse tablet.  If you wish to use these in conjunction with separately purchased ingredients you can order them from the link above.

Please watch the 101 videos here before you get started:

http://brewart.com/101/

and read the manual(s) too. It will not surprise you to learn that most of the issues that new brewers encounter are caused by misunderstandings or not following the instructions carefully.

This is a fantastic system and the process is relatively straightforward but there are a few tips and tricks along the way that will help you achieve the very best results as Brewart intended.

Take your time, ask plenty of questions as they come up and I'm sure you will be blown away by the quality of the beers you will be producing in no time.

Cheers. 🍻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Damian Ryan said:

I would recommend the hop filter as well. I recommend trying the dry hoping kits.

Probably just stick to the kits, The only kegging ingredient is the primers, so dont wory about that.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll get the dry hoping kit as well as I do live my hoppy beers!