Beer Liner Split

Just put this together about two weeks ago and the liner has split. Any thoughts on ways to salvage this tasty beer? The liners and kegs are new, so haven’t had them lining around. 

Not sure why it split, others have gone well - this one is just an anomaly I guess, but don’t want to waste the brew if I can help it! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi @Love a Beer , bugger that's a shame.

There's a few reasons this can happen however there were a batch of liners with some quality control issues and you may just be unlucky. It would be a good idea to get in touch with Brewart support (brewing@brewart.com) and see if they can assist you.

If it's a brand new keg then although not sanitised it will probably be ok. You could try just putting this keg in your Brewflo when you're ready to drink it and see how it goes. Waste not want not.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

It’s 2 weeks now so hopefully carbonated. I’d chill this keg in the fridge and then put in your beerflo. Note as you will be introducing oxygen to the keg as you drink, you need to consume fairly quickly (good excuse for a session). If it’s a bit flat but ok in taste and smell you can buy a few cans or bottles of something similar and do a mix, 2/3 keg to a 1/3 purchased to achieve carbonation.

Cheers, Mark 

17 hours ago, Love a Beer said:

Just put this together about two weeks ago and the liner has split. Any thoughts on ways to salvage this tasty beer? The liners and kegs are new, so haven’t had them lining around. 

Not sure why it split, others have gone well - this one is just an anomaly I guess, but don’t want to waste the brew if I can help it! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nothing else to do but drink it. Hopefully with 2 weeks, you have enogh carbonation. Sadly, it won't be the best it could be but will give you an idea ( hoping the other keg is fine, of the progression a beer makes the further secondary goes along

• Upvote 1

Thanks all for your help - Have taken the advice on board and chilled it in the fridge, placed it in the brew flo and arked it up. Tastes ok  albeit a bit flat  - Its a Coopers session ale, but the oxygen introduction has dropped the carbonation quite a bit, but at least since it was a new keg, although not sanitised, seems to have somewhat survived.  

Guess Im gunna have to have a session at home to get rid of it - after all it is a Saturday night!

Cheers

Edited by Love a Beer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Love a Beer said:

Thanks all for your help - Have taken the advice on board and chilled it in the fridge, placed it in the brew flo and arked it up. Tastes ok  albeit a bit flat  - Its a Coopers session ale, but the oxygen introduction has dropped the carbonation quite a bit, but at least since it was a new keg, although not sanitised, seems to have somewhat survived.  

Guess Im gunna have to have a session at home to get rid of it - after all it is a Saturday night!

Cheers

Yeah, sucks a bit but, it will allow you to see the difference between early consumption and later..so science

Edited by Rob Courtney