Priming

2 hours ago, Trish Fielding said:

Hey mark that coopers session ale very nice I have now got a Italian one ready to keg going to prime this one and leave couple weeks do I leave at room temp or put in fridge

Glad you enjoyed the Session Ale, it is a top drop. You’ll have to try the Coopers XPA and The Hop-Sessed Session Ale.

If priming with Co2 then chill in the fridge then prime if wanting to drink early, or leave a couple of weeks to mature at room temp, then chill and co2.

If using a sugar base prime then add and leave at room temp for 2 weeks minimum to carbonate and mature.

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Trish Fielding said:

Thanks I’ll let mature I just kegged from my droid into my 10 litre ikegger keg used beer line like they say in video but couldn’t stop leak out of tap that u push beer line up into  anyone else have this problem 

Sorry but no. The tube should go up a fair way, make sure it is a clean square cut ie no burr on the end. If the tube is a bit “sloppy” you could wrap a bit of plumbers tape around it.

6 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I've got two sachets of the original liquid primer left and after the brew that is currently in the Droid finishes I am really looking forward to getting into the new solid primers and seeing what, if any difference these make other than ease of dispensing.

Interested in your thoughts on this

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/01/2021 at 9:49 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Glad you enjoyed the Session Ale, it is a top drop. You’ll have to try the Coopers XPA and The Hop-Sessed Session Ale.

If priming with Co2 then chill in the fridge then prime if wanting to drink early, or leave a couple of weeks to mature at room temp, then chill and co2.

If using a sugar base prime then add and leave at room temp for 2 weeks minimum to carbonate and mature.

Cheers

I’m away for 2months can I turn off the gas to the kegs or leave them on 

On 05/01/2021 at 8:53 PM, Rob Courtney said:

Interested in your thoughts on this

Just finished kegging my Pirate Life IPA clone.

Big lesson learned - put the primer brick in the keg after filling. I haven't watched the 101 videos for a while but perhaps they've been updated to reflect the new process. I should check.

Anyway, the bricks are great and certainly less waste (packaging wise) and should supply more accurate dosage.  As soon as I put the first one in the keg cap neck I knew it would be a problem. Let's just say I managed to save the first keg and I won't make that mistake again. 😳

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 26/01/2021 at 1:03 PM, Dustin Frothman said:

Just finished kegging my Pirate Life IPA clone.

Big lesson learned - put the primer brick in the keg after filling. I haven't watched the 101 videos for a while but perhaps they've been updated to reflect the new process. I should check.

Anyway, the bricks are great and certainly less waste (packaging wise) and should supply more accurate dosage.  As soon as I put the first one in the keg cap neck I knew it would be a problem. Let's just say I managed to save the first keg and I won't make that mistake again. 😳

What was the problem Dustin? I'm just about to keg for the first time, I'll follow your lead anyway

On 24/06/2022 at 3:59 PM, Dustin Frothman said:

Hey Rob,

The primer bricks are quite large and can prevent the keg liner from filling correctly.

Fill the keg first, then add the primer and you'll be ok.

Cheers.

All good Dustin, I can see how that would happen, kegging went well...

• Like 1