Kegs Camping

Robert Pretty

Hi 

Thinking out loud. I love 4wd touring and camping. Travelling off road with glass bottles is a real pain.

Yes I know SS mini kegs running CO2 in and Esky with ice and taps. I know I could bottle in PET bottles. Who doesn't like pouring a schooner ( sorry NSW talk) or pint from a tap.

Would it be possible to use a brewflow keg, pressurize it with a small 12v regulated air compressor , attach to the black keg cap. Run in a 12v fridge or Esky to a beer tap. 

Does anyone know the air pressure the Brewflo runs out?

The Brewflo on the go.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Robert Pretty said:

Hi 

Thinking out loud. I love 4wd touring and camping. Travelling off road with glass bottles is a real pain.

Yes I know SS mini kegs running CO2 in and Esky with ice and taps. I know I could bottle in PET bottles. Who doesn't like pouring a schooner ( sorry NSW talk) or pint from a tap.

Would it be possible to use a brewflow keg, pressurize it with a small 12v regulated air compressor , attach to the black keg cap. Run in a 12v fridge or Esky to a beer tap. 

The Brewflo on the go.

Not sure how you'd go pressurising a keg, what I can say is when I asked about taking a couple of kegs with me to the holiday house I was told I'd want to let them sit for a day in the fridge when I got there and then at least 12 hours in the flo before trying to pour

1 hour ago, Robert Pretty said:

Hi 

The Brewflo on the go.

Genius Idea Rob, can't wait to see the photos of what you come up with.

The BrewFlo's nominal pressure is 120kPa (17.5 PSI). Depending on the level of carbonation in your beer you can operate anywhere between 80kPa and 140kPa to hit the sweet spot for a great pour.

If you contact BrewArt I'm sure they would send you a spare elbow to rig up to your compressor for the keg's air valve connection.

You'll be a legend if you pull this off!

Good luck.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...