Pulling apart BeerDroid Tap

Grayentropy

Hello,

Can someone please explain how to pull the beerdroid 2 piece  tap apart? I’m assuming it’s the black piece with gaskets from the nickel coated tap but my unit is completely seized there... what am I missing? I watched the tutorial and it’s only mentioned once and you can’t actually see the tap coming apart... I’m convinced I’m going to destroy this thing if I try to be more aggressive with the removal...any tips??

21 minutes ago, Gary Rea said:

Hello,

Can someone please explain how to pull the beerdroid 2 piece  tap apart? I’m assuming it’s the black piece with gaskets from the nickel coated tap but my unit is completely seized there... what am I missing? I watched the tutorial and it’s only mentioned once and you can’t actually see the tap coming apart... I’m convinced I’m going to destroy this thing if I try to be more aggressive with the removal...any tips??

Hi Gary and welcome. Until you know how it is a bit of a mystery, anyway this should help.

Note aligned notches on the tap.

image.thumb.jpg.6c4898a159918e2438c77da0f9589904.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.cd1676a8cff16e5c0e930e8768a4b96f.jpg
Flick the tap lever upimage.thumb.jpg.50b5e73285492ebadf7672cfc83e0763.jpg

Holding both sides twist anti closkwise, tap will seperate. Do in reverse to reassemble.

image.jpg
Cheers

Edited by Captain 3 Droids
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grayentropy said:

Hello Captain,

Your reply was extremely helpful!!! I have successfully pulled apart my tap without destroying it!!! On to the next brew.

Many thanks,

Gary

When I first got my droid I filled it and noticed the tap was leaking. I contacted BrewArt and they sent me a new tap. In the meantime I discovered thru this forum how to pull the tap apart and in the process I discovered that the two parts of the top were not in the closed position. Now I have 2 functioning taps

• Upvote 1

Its not a major issue bit is it normal for the chrome coating on the plastic cap to deteriorate quickly? The tap functions fine but aesthetically it  looks unimpressive. Have just used dishwashing liquid to clean & then sanitizer. Top section is ok, its just the bottom section that the coating has deteriorated.

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

Edited by Eltham Brewing House

23 minutes ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

Its not a major issue bit is it normal for the chrome coating on the plastic cap to deteriorate quickly? The tap functions fine but aesthetically it  looks unimpressive. Have just used dishwashing liquid to clean & then sanitizer. Top section is ok, its just the bottom section that the coating has deteriorated.

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

Haven’t experienced that on any of my taps (touch wood). Perhaps scrap off the black as it looks like it’s chrome underneath.

16 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

I think I remember soeone saying don't spray saniiser on the chrome part as it makes it brittle, peel apart

Whilst preparing a droid for a new brew I leave my tap pieces and bung in a container of star san to no detrimental effect. I think it’s more about the “red” seal original taps.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Whilst preparing a droid for a new brew I leave my tap pieces and bung in a container of star san to no detrimental effect. I think it’s more about the “red” seal original taps.

I think you are right Captain. The top section of the tap is fine, it’s just the lower section that has deteriorated.

Edited by Eltham Brewing House