Using Bavarian Lager Brewprint to make Bohemian Lager

Pretty much. 👍

You could use the app to set up a custom brew with the correct parameters for the Bohemian, turn the 'Dry Hop' switch on and brew away. It'll take a few days longer than using the hop oils but you should end up with a similar beer. The head retention may even be better through the use of hop pellets.

Just don't forget to use the filter (assuming you have one) when you bottle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

I over ordered a Bavarian Lager Brewprint and I notice that its ingredients are almost the same as the Bohemian Lager. The Bavarian uses 2 x H3 & the Bohemian uses 2 x H4. If I substitute the 2 x H3 with say 25gm Saaz Dry Hop, will I end up with a Bohemian Lager??

As the yeasts are the same and in changing the hops you will have success.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Pretty much. 👍

You could use the app to set up a custom brew with the correct parameters for the Bohemian, turn the 'Dry Hop' switch on and brew away. It'll take a few days longer than using the hop oils but you should end up with a similar beer. The head retention may even be better through the use of hop pellets.

Just don't forget to use the filter (assuming you have one) when you bottle.

Where do I find the correct parameters for the Bohemian? It seems to me that the only difference between the Bavarian Larger and the Bohemian Larger is the different hop style so why can't I just brew it as a Bavarian and DH Saaz at EOF?

2 minutes ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

Where do I find the correct parameters for the Bohemian? 

I can't do it for you and take a screenshot from the app as I only have the one Droid and it's currently busy.

However, if you select the Bohemian Lager from your Shelf -> Brewprints and then choose 'Start Brew' it will show you the brewing program. Take a screenshot or write it down, then set up a custom brew with these parameters and select the 'Dry Hop' switch to ON.

You don't have to do it this way but if I was going to Dry Hop the beer then I'd use the program to advise you when to add hops (it will do so on the downward trend of fermentation) and then perform the "cold crash" automatically.

You're correct that you can achieve similar results manually using the Bavarian program and dry hopping once EOF is detected.

🍻

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

I over ordered a Bavarian Lager Brewprint and I notice that its ingredients are almost the same as the Bohemian Lager. The Bavarian uses 2 x H3 & the Bohemian uses 2 x H4. If I substitute the 2 x H3 with say 25gm Saaz Dry Hop, will I end up with a Bohemian Lager??

Have a Bavarian in the droid at the moment...I know what it's becoming now