Coopers New Release

Limited addition release by Coopers, who going to report on it here? Wonder if limit kegs will be done? Launched 15/4 

01705DED-2574-403E-98C8-F3EBC9E1A017.jpeg.e2a9f6067b19250c4ae1151d289dcba9.jpeg

INTRODUCING OUR NEWEST 

LIMITED-EDITION BREW, AUSTRALIAN IPA.

This full-flavoured Australian IPA is characterised by a blend of Australian hops featuring citrus notes of mandarin and orange, with tropical fruit and juniper characteristics.

True to the IPA style, this brew is hop-forward and delivers a full mouthfeel with an ABV of 6.5%, while our traditional form of ale brewing and natural conditioning maintains Coopers’ uniquely distinctive flavour.

The bold and striking new can, 4-pack, and case design takes inspiration from the strength and beauty of the Australian outback landscape.

This extremely limited brew won’t last long, so get your hands on some Aussie IPA today.

Available at all good locals nationwide.

Edited by Captain 3 Droids
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Limited addition release by Coopers, who going to report on it here? Wonder if limit kegs will be done? Launched 15/4 

01705DED-2574-403E-98C8-F3EBC9E1A017.jpeg.e2a9f6067b19250c4ae1151d289dcba9.jpeg

INTRODUCING OUR NEWEST 

LIMITED-EDITION BREW, AUSTRALIAN IPA.

This full-flavoured Australian IPA is characterised by a blend of Australian hops featuring citrus notes of mandarin and orange, with tropical fruit and juniper characteristics.

True to the IPA style, this brew is hop-forward and delivers a full mouthfeel with an ABV of 6.5%, while our traditional form of ale brewing and natural conditioning maintains Coopers’ uniquely distinctive flavour.

The bold and striking new can, 4-pack, and case design takes inspiration from the strength and beauty of the Australian outback landscape.

This extremely limited brew won’t last long, so get your hands on some Aussie IPA today.

Available at all good locals nationwide.

You beat me to it.

I read somewhere else that there will be kegs around so my goal this weekend is to find some! 🥰

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/05/2021 at 4:35 PM, Dustin Frothman said:

88521E9A-B185-461C-B10F-C57F626F292D.thumb.jpeg.054f2cd1f09847fe9a0afc635c82d212.jpeg

Took a bit longer than intended but finally tried this today at The Golden Wattle (another great Adelaide “pub”).

A beautiful beer again. More pine flavours than the Hazy IPA. I’d love to see this eventually become a Coopers staple and a Brewprint.

Coopers have released a can/kit recipe for this https://www.diybeer.com/au/recipe/coopers-australian-ipa.html?utm_campaign=183036_DIY Beer May&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Coopers Brewery Ltd&dm_i=4FT9,3X8C,7Y90J,DJSA,1#?campaignkw=download-rotm

I reckon a Brewprint recipe could be:-

2 x E1, E5, X1 (Coopers Pale Ale), plus 2 x X2, then the crystal malt, hops and for yeast either Y4 or Y2 (ld  prefer Y4).

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Coopers have released a can/kit recipe for this https://www.diybeer.com/au/recipe/coopers-australian-ipa.html?utm_campaign=183036_DIY Beer May&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Coopers Brewery Ltd&dm_i=4FT9,3X8C,7Y90J,DJSA,1#?campaignkw=download-rotm

2 x E1, E5, X1 (Coopers Pale Ale), plus 2 x X2, then the crystal malt, hops and for yeast either Y4 or Y2 (ld  prefer Y4).

👏

I'll definitely be giving this one a go in Droid #2.

4 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

👏

I'll definitely be giving this one a go in Droid #2.

Beauty, will be very interested. (assume you noted the hop recommendation if you don’t have the recommended ones. I know you love your hops but you need to stick with the half amounts and for the crystal malt to be able to properly compare.

4 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Beauty, will be very interested. (assume you noted the hop recommendation if you don’t have the recommended ones. I know you love your hops but you need to stick with the half amounts and for the crystal malt to be able to properly compare.

I don't have those but will pick some up and halve the amounts as per your recommendation.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/05/2021 at 4:45 PM, Captain 3 Droids said:

I finally go this one in the Droid last night using Y4 as per @Captain 3 Droids recommendation.

Looking forward to trying this one.

Depending on the results I may give it a go with Y2 next time too.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Robert Pretty said:

@Dustin Frothman I did this a while back with Y2 yeast and 25g of Vic Secret and Eclipse. Next time I will double that to 50g.

I did take note that you gave it a go. Did you enjoy it? Had you tried the Coopers original? I was a really big fan and hope to see it make a return.

As I've done the mini-mash with the grain I reckon @Captain 3 Droids suggestion of the Y4 is a good start as this should highlight the malt.

I added 10g each of Vic Secret and Eclipse steeped in the mash and will probably do 30g each as a dry hop for 80g total or the 8g/L "rule".

The Coopers DIY Beer recipe is 80g for 23L so I'm not strictly following the scaling, but I do prefer my beers to be a little hoppier and have noted that the aroma subsides quite a bit over the 6 weeks conditioning. 

If I get it wrong I'll just make another. As Liam often says: "either way you'll end up with a nice beer".

• Upvote 1

@Dustin FrothmanIt was very drinkable, one of my top 3. Like you I like them a bit hoppier. That's why next time I will do 50g of each. Been playing around with the Australian hops, Vic Secret, Eclipse and Engima. Trying different combinations. Done a Pale Ale and XPA  using the Lighthouse and American Pale Ale Brewart base ingredients and Australian hops.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

IMG_3769.thumb.jpg.03e1925b6c789896d1b5ddd364d884b9.jpg

Kegged today with a taster bottle too.

It tasted pretty good out of the Droid. Fruity with an unrefined bitterness, but as usual I expect that to improve with some maturing.

I'm enjoying my new kegging process and as promised in another thread I will shortly try to give an unbiased comparison between the two methods I've used so far. As always there are positives and negatives to both. So far so good however.

I've brewed a lot of IPAs recently so it's time for a few regular pales. The Jolly Roger with double dry hops will be in the Droid next.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Robert Pretty said:

@Dustin Frothman, looks pretty hazy. How are you liking it? The Australian hops give this brew and easy drinking taste. Not a super hop heavy IPA. Which makes a nice summer change. One you can have a few on a hot day. 

Yeah I love it. It's a really nice fruity taste without being overpowering at all.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://coopers.com.au/whats-on/news/2022/03/18/coopers-releases-regency-park-red-ale-to-celebrate-160-years-of-brewing

Regency Park Red Ale released for Coopers’ 160th Birthday. 🥳

Currently on draught at The Grace Emily here in Radelaide … I’ll be right over.

Who’ll be the first here to have a crack at a BrewArt version?

16 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

https://coopers.com.au/whats-on/news/2022/03/18/coopers-releases-regency-park-red-ale-to-celebrate-160-years-of-brewing

Regency Park Red Ale released for Coopers’ 160th Birthday. 🥳

Currently on draught at The Grace Emily here in Radelaide … I’ll be right over.

Who’ll be the first here to have a crack at a BrewArt version?

Great, I’ve kinda looked at that but felt there needs to be “a taster”. I’ll await your comments.