Adding additional hops to Belgian Lager

At the very least Dry Hopping will give you better head retention. I have certainly found that any brews completed without the addition of hop pellets need a significant amount of time in secondary fermentation to achieve a long lasting head ...( @Rob Courtney no comment)

I've learnt from the lager masters here that 15 to 25 grams is probably your maximum dosage for a lager so I'd pick one of the two you've got there and put the other in the freezer in a ziplock or better yet vacuum sealed bag. 

My pick would be to use the Galaxy.

🍻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

I have Belgian lager nearing completion and I have added 2 x H4 liquid hops (Saaz). I also have 15gm of Challenger and 15gm of Galaxy dry hops in the fridge going no where. What would this brew turn out like if I dry hop using my two excess dry hops. Good Idea or bad idea??

I'd probably leave the other hops out of it TBH

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eltham Brewing House said:

I have Belgian lager nearing completion and I have added 2 x H4 liquid hops (Saaz). I also have 15gm of Challenger and 15gm of Galaxy dry hops in the fridge going no where. What would this brew turn out like if I dry hop using my two excess dry hops. Good Idea or bad idea??

Looking at the hop profiles the challenger hops should fit with the Saaz however I’d leave the Galaxy (sorry Dustin) as this leans towards the opposite side of the flavour intent.

• Upvote 1