Liquid Hops , prior to kegging.

Hi 

Currently brewing the Old Saxon Schwarzbeir. It takes one liquid hop satchel. The beer has finished fermentation and is sitting at Kegging temps. How long does the liquid hop satchel need to be in the droid prior to kegging and bottling?

Was hopping to get back from Sydney to afternoon, add the liquid Hops, sterilize the keg and bottles for an hour or so . Then keg and bottle. Is that enough time for the hops to infuse? Or should I leave it longer? Thoughts. 

Cheers

Edited by Robert Pretty

9 hours ago, Robert Pretty said:

Hi 

Currently brewing the Old Saxon Schwarzbeir. It takes one liquid hop satchel. The beer has finished fermentation and is sitting at Kegging temps. How long does the liquid hop satchel need to be in the droid prior to kegging and bottling?

Was hopping to get back from Sydney to afternoon, add the liquid Hops, sterilize the keg and bottles for an hour or so . Then keg and bottle. Is that enough time for the hops to infuse? Or should I leave it longer? Thoughts. 

Cheers

Hey @Robert PrettyI'd leave the liquid hops in the Droid for at least 24 hours for infusion prior to kegging and bottling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, spattah said:

so once batch is complete,  at kegging temp I pour in the hops. just wanna make sure here since I just started my first batch of American pale ale. 

brand new brewart user here, 

Hi Spattah and welcome to the forum.

If you’re bottling your brew then yes, add the liquid hops sachet directly to the BeerDroid and let it infuse for at least 24 hours.

If you’re kegging using either the Brewart Keg system or another variant, add the liquid hops sachet to the keg before you fill it with your brew.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, Razovich said:

Hi am new to BrewArt and am using ss kegs. When you recommended to pour hops into kegs first before kegging,how would this be possible as I am looking to keg with a closed system?

Currently 1 day 6hrs into my 1st brew a top end crisp with an extra x5 added.

Hi Razovich and welcome to the forum. You are going to just love the BrewArt range of beers. What are your favourite styles?

How are you doing the closed system? 
As you are using (I assume) 10l ss kegs? Just add the liquid hop solution to the droid, this will mix well in the keg as it sits maturing.

Hi C3D, thanks for the welcome.

mostly drink lagers, Guinness in winter. When I lived in England didn’t mind a boddingtons.

Yes 10l ss keg that is sanitised and purged with co2, then fill from droid tap into liquid out post.Thought that putting hops in droid would be the go cheers.

With purchase of droid I got 3 prints to kick start me 1 top end crisp(went out on a limb here with my 1st use of droid adding a X5 enhancer),2 Aztec cerveza, 3 lawn mower lager.  Can’t wait to try them.

• Upvote 1