Oatmeal Stout All Grain Brew

So stepped out of my comfort zone and into an All Grain BIAB set up. First brew i did was an Oatmeal stout. The mash took a couple of hours all in, but mostly waiting on a pot to boil 🤣🤣🤣. Anyways fermented , kegged and threw a few bottles together with the left over.  Tried a bottle at 2 week which is early for a stout but hot damn was a tasty beer , will give it a few more weeks to get those flavors to blend and will be a top drop. Poured heavy so excessive head , but great colour and flavor 

20211112_173044.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

So stepped out of my comfort zone and into an All Grain BIAB set up. First brew i did was an Oatmeal stout. The mash took a couple of hours all in, but mostly waiting on a pot to boil 🤣🤣🤣. Anyways fermented , kegged and threw a few bottles together with the left over.  Tried a bottle at 2 week which is early for a stout but hot damn was a tasty beer , will give it a few more weeks to get those flavors to blend and will be a top drop. Poured heavy so excessive head , but great colour and flavor 

20211112_173044.jpg

Awesome mate.

I’ve got plenty of time and space these days so back to doing more on the stove.

Was thinking about a kettle but currently looking into a Braumeister because I love tech and well made things that you hopefully only buy once.

Don’t @ me!!! 🤭

12 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Awesome mate.

I’ve got plenty of time and space these days so back to doing more on the stove.

Was thinking about a kettle but currently looking into a Braumeister because I love tech and well made things that you hopefully only buy once.

Don’t @ me!!! 🤭

You could think about BIAB (brew in a bag) using a urn. I’ve used it for tin concoctions (eg Mr Beer cans etc, hop, crystal malt boil/steep etc). It is easy to clean, element is not exposed to the liquid and as a hot water urn for functions like Xmas. Adjustable temp settings are quite accurate.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Maxkon-Hot-Water-Boiler-Urn-Instant-Hot-Water-Dispenser-10L-15L-20L-Dual-Layer-/352982587413?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0

Ps I bought the 10l one.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

You could think about BIAB (brew in a bag) using a urn. I’ve used it for tin concoctions (eg Mr Beer cans etc, hop, crystal malt boil/steep etc). It is easy to clean, element is not exposed to the liquid and as a hot water urn for functions like Xmas. Adjustable temp settings are quite accurate.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Maxkon-Hot-Water-Boiler-Urn-Instant-Hot-Water-Dispenser-10L-15L-20L-Dual-Layer-/352982587413?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0

Ps I bought the 10l one.

I am also considering something like that or a Digiboil.

How do you find the plastic tap on yours or did you upgrade it to a ball-lock and barb configuration?