Just put down a Mr Beer - Hop Bomb (USA double IPA).

Tin (1.3kg) of Mr Beer Diablo IPA, 250g of light dry malt extract, Y1 yeast, 10l and not 8.5l per recipe. Recipe at 6.5% however with 10l suspect about 5.7%. Will dry hop day 4 with 25g Citra and 25g of Magnum (a good substitute in lieu of Bravo). Did this a few years ago before the Droids and did enjoy.

@Wazza_wantsbeerin another post reminded me of this brew, thanks Wazza.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It looks like a few brewers are having some great success with the Coopers Mr Beer cans.

I'm enjoying getting back to some stovetop style brewing and like the Coopers DIY recipes of the month and Advanced Brewing Packs.

Which Mr Beer cans do people recommend and what are your methods for bringing the total volume up to 10 litres to match the BeerDroid?

• Upvote 1

Hey Dustin,

I've  been looking at these, some of the recipes sound delicious, shame a lot of the darker/amber malts are out of stock at the moment.

Have also reached out to Liam to see any methods to bring this up to 10L in the droid

Let me know if you discover anything else

• Upvote 3

On 22/11/21 at 11:37 AM, Dustin Frothman said:

Which Mr Beer cans do people recommend and what are your methods for bringing the total volume up to 10 litres to match the BeerDroid?

As most of the Mr Beer recipes are high in alcohol I just add the extra 1.5l however with some I add a X1 with the extra water. There are recipes at 9 and 10l. I like the Diablo IPA, add  a X1, extra water to 10l and dry hop 25g citra, 25g Bravo with Y1 yeast.

As shipping is free for any combination of 4 I get the Diablo IPA, Long Play IPA, Bewitched Amber Ale and the Northwest PA. A lot can be done with these.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

On 21/11/2021 at 7:07 PM, Dustin Frothman said:

It looks like a few brewers are having some great success with the Coopers Mr Beer cans.

I'm enjoying getting back to some stovetop style brewing and like the Coopers DIY recipes of the month and Advanced Brewing Packs.

I've brewed Mr. Beer Dads favorite Cream Ale and Pennsylvania Traditional Lager , with both Ive added one package of Mr. Beer Booster and topped it up to 10 liters.. they've both come out Great... just ordered 4 more recipes with a pack of Booster for each..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Into the Droid today Mr Beer Code Breaker IPA.

Mr Beer 1.3kg can of Long Play IPA, 100g of light crystal malt steeped for 30min and rinsed once. Y1 yeast, ale mode, 10l in volume. Will dry hop day 4 with 30g Huell Melon and 10g Idaho 7.

Sounds interesting mate.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Yes I like to do a few Mr Beer’s every now and again. Good value, free delivery in any combination of 4 and handy to have if running short of BrewPrint ingredients. 

From speaking to some of the users on the Coopers DIY forum I understand there's a home brew store in Adelaide that stocks them too.

• Like 1

On 9/12/21 at 8:39 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Mr Beer 1.3kg can of Long Play IPA, 100g of light crystal malt steeped for 30min and rinsed once. Y1 yeast, ale mode, 10l in volume. Will dry hop day 4 with 30g Huell Melon and 10t Idaho 7.

Kegged today with EOF on day 6 however left in keg mode for extra 2 days.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/21 at 8:11 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Just put down a Mr Beer - Hop Bomb (USA double IPA).

Tin (1.3kg) of Mr Beer Diablo IPA, 250g of light dry malt extract, Y1 yeast, 10l and not 8.5l per recipe. Recipe at 6.5% however with 10l suspect about 5.7%. Will dry hop day 4 with 25g Citra and 25g of Magnum (a good substitute in lieu of Bravo). Did this a few years ago before the Droids and did enjoy.

@Wazza_wantsbeerin another post reminded me of this brew, thanks Wazza.

11 weeks and boy it’s a goodie. Initial touch of sweetness, followed by smooth citrus/fruity,  slightly floral flavour that lingers nicely.

B9B008F6-3702-49D1-A203-5A096BC35F67.thumb.jpeg.01d6039ca4fa1866146e8f2d038c60a1.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Looks very inviting. How would you describe the taste? Is it very sweet?

Yeah I should’ve included that in my initial post, nice fruity aroma from the passionfruit and definitely a big sweetness from the lactose.

I took a keg to a mates place for Christmas and the lads got through it pretty quickly, so that’s a very good indicator

i have a few more that I ordered, will probably look next at the long play IPA or the lime milkshake IPA that they do

anyone else had any good recipes from Coopers DIY/ Mr Beer?

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, T D said:

Yeah I should’ve included that in my initial post, nice fruity aroma from the passionfruit and definitely a big sweetness from the lactose.

I took a keg to a mates place for Christmas and the lads got through it pretty quickly, so that’s a very good indicator

i have a few more that I ordered, will probably look next at the long play IPA or the lime milkshake IPA that they do

I’ve just put down a NW pale ale can with 250g Light Malt extract, topped up to 10l after adding 550g cranberry sauce with Philly sour yeast.   It’ll be awhile but will

let you know.   Wondering now if I should’ve back sweetened with lactose.   …

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J P said:

I’ve just put down a NW pale ale can with 250g Light Malt extract, topped up to 10l after adding 550g cranberry sauce with Philly sour yeast.   It’ll be awhile but will

let you know.   Wondering now if I should’ve back sweetened with lactose.

That sounds a ripper, philly sour yeast is a game changer, packs a punch but not too puckery either!

wouldn’t the lactose tart it out more? I guess it depends on what flavours you’re going for too

• Like 1

18 hours ago, T D said:

ok I'm gonna start sounding like a shill for this recipe....   Mr. Beer PENNSYLVANIA TRADITIONAL LAGER, I add a pack of Mr. beer Booster and brew a full 10 Liters in the BeerDroid...  I've got several on the shelf ready to brew 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 30/12/21 at 6:20 PM, T D said:

That sounds a ripper, philly sour yeast is a game changer, packs a punch but not too puckery either!

wouldn’t the lactose tart it out more? I guess it depends on what flavours you’re going for too

Still a noob but generally you’ll see the fancy “pastry sours” and similar using lactose to round out the sour…

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/21 at 8:39 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Mr Beer 1.3kg can of Long Play IPA, 100g of light crystal malt steeped for 30min and rinsed once. Y1 yeast, ale mode, 10l in volume. Will dry hop day 4 with 30g Huell Melon and 10t Idaho 7.

Well at at 6 weeks plus this has turned out to be a nice drop. Lovely and sweet when drinking but a bitterness to the palette after a few minutes. Quite acceptable, do again? Yes

05CA55EF-7BF0-4EA0-8D36-B3B56858241C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2