SS Kegs

Robert Pretty

2 hours ago, Robert Pretty said:

@Captain 3 Droids , @Dustin Frothman, @Wazza_wantsbeer

You guys using SS Kegs, with your shiny Kegerator's. Can you use 19lt kegs and just purge with gas to remove air ? Or are you using 10lt kegs? 

A 19L keg with only 10L of beer in it is too much headspace.

I use 9.5L Corny kegs. They fit 10L.

You can use 10L mini kegs if you prefer.

6 hours ago, Robert Pretty said:

@Captain 3 Droids , @Dustin Frothman, @Wazza_wantsbeer

You guys using SS Kegs, with your shiny Kegerator's. Can you use 19lt kegs and just purge with gas to remove air ? Or are you using 10lt kegs? 

I'm using a mixture of:

1x 9.5l Keg King 

2x 5l iKegger

1x 4l iKegger 

Where I will go from here is:

3x 9.5l

2x 5l iKegger 

The 4l will just be my traveller and the spare to use when I need to clean lines and things.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Robert Pretty said:

Cheers guys for the replies. Still in two minds whether to outlay for the Kegerator. See what the future brings. They certainly look good.

It’s a big outlay and there’s a few new things to consider - gas, cleaning, running costs etc.

What I will say is that my overall brewing enjoyment has improved considerably since taking the plunge. I no longer dread kegging a brew and the entire process is much less stressful.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hambone said:

What about make you're own. Cheaper.USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1640238680539_6879659658743525687.thumb.jpeg.888408b995519c29cb6e93a726ae2190.jpeg

@Hambone, thought about doing that. Our second fridge is and upside down fridge. Problem with the height of the kegs, twice the height of the Brewart kegs. I would need to remove all but one shelf. Problem is the wife has a shelf for her bubbles and a shelf for her wine. We use the other shelves for over flow food storage. Would need to be a separate fridge. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Robert Pretty said:

@Hambone, thought about doing that. Our second fridge is and upside down fridge. Problem with the height of the kegs, twice the height of the Brewart kegs. I would need to remove all but one shelf. Problem is the wife has a shelf for her bubbles and a shelf for her wine. We use the other shelves for over flow food storage. Would need to be a separate fridge. 

I'd have preferred an upside down fridge as the compressor doesn't infringe on the floor space. But I got this all fridge thing from marketplace. I've got two full shelves above the kegs and room to condition one keg. 

Whatever you choose it'll be better than bottle and I'll hold fire on the proprietary service delivery system. 

Cheers 

• Like 1

On 30/12/21 at 3:20 PM, Robert Pretty said:

To be honest a seperate dedicated beer fridge would be the way to go. That way you can have your kegs, some bottles or cans, store your yeast and hops. If your mixing with other things then beer and gas lines get in the way and it becomes a hassle.

In addition if you get a fridge with a freezer then you can really chill various styles of beer glasses, ice etc.

Just imagine, your wife will have her own fridge, good selling point?

• Upvote 1