Temperature Control Error

Robert Pretty

Hi

To evening while going from cold crush to kegging temperature. I got a temperature control error message. In 2 hours it has only reached 7 degrees from the 4 degree cold crush temperature. Never seen this before. Anyone seen this / know what's going on?

Put it back to storage, then back to kegging temperature. Is starting to go back up.

Edited by Robert Pretty

• Robert Pretty changed the title to Temperature Control Error
49 minutes ago, Robert Pretty said:

Hi

To evening while going from cold crush to kegging temperature. I got a temperature control error message. In 2 hours it has only reached 7 degrees from the 4 degree cold crush temperature. Never seen this before. Anyone seen this / know what's going on?

Put it back to storage, then back to kegging temperature. Is starting to go back up.

Is it warm where you are tonight?

It basically means that the compressor or heating element has been working too hard for too long. You can acknowledge the error by pressing the tick on the Droid's control panel and it will try again.

Just check that the compressor vents are free of any obstructions and that it's getting decent airflow. Also check that the lid is secured properly (if you had it open at any point during the brew for dry hopping or the like)

I had this error a few days ago as one of my Droids was working quite hard to lower the temperature of the Earl Grey IPA from the initial 30C down to propagating temperature - I hadn't secured the lid properly as I hadn't added the yeast and ingredients yet so thought it wouldn't matter. As it turned out, it did.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Robert Pretty said:

Hi

Had similar issue refer

https://community.brewart.com/topic/807-heat-waves-and-just-hot-days/?do=findComment&comment=11797

I never got the error on the droid or app, but both times I've cold crashed it hangs out at about 6-7c, turning on very regularly but never reaching the 4c. The first time I found ice in it, so it was definitely getting cold enough. My hunch is that the ice formed near where the cooling is and stopped effective flow of cold beer around the droid. This time I turned it off for a bit to hopefully let the ice melt and then tied again. I accidentally fell asleep though so it warmed up to 14c, when I just wanted to let it even out the temperature and get up to 8 or so.

My ambient temps are usually about 29-30, which I think contributes. The aircon gets fixed Monday so that might make a difference

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
6 hours ago, Razovich said:

Hi 5 days into my first brew and I have an E1 error now three times in a row. Temp just keeps on rising. Have even tried the power on/off. Gutted as I was so excited to get the ball rollling.

At what temperature was the water when you started the brew? Don’t be too upset, sometimes there are bugs but all solvable.

C52EE140-8385-4DD7-8061-1F2E20704A1F.thumb.png.a9afb3ce4087a58dc7ae03d889101ba2.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Razovich said:

Hi 5 days into my first brew and I have an E1 error now three times in a row. Temp just keeps on rising. Have even tried the power on/off. Gutted as I was so excited to get the ball rollling.

I'm sorry you're having this issue.  As pointed out in the Captain's chart just above, I'm thinking the liquid level is too low.  There must be a minimum of 9L of wort for the temperature controls to work properly.  I believe there are two temperature sensors: one low and one high in the droid.  The difference between them is how the droid detects the beginning and end of fermentation.  If your droid is filled to the 10L mark, then this is not the cause of your problem.  However, this is not an uncommon reason for the E1 error.

If the wort level was not the problem, I would recommend contacting BrewArt.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I've had this error twice this morning. I own 3 droids, it's only happening on 1 of them.

The compressor vents are away from other objects. The lid is on properly. And the water level seems a bit higher than 10 litres. The same can be said for the other 2 droids and I don't have the error on those ones. I'm sure I filled it up to exactly 10L. I'm assuming it may rise a bit during the process.