4 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

3B54DBF8-BF8F-4F85-A107-A3B9BD8C844F.thumb.jpeg.43091fb0ff28dc8158693b14485c75f2.jpeg

The wife doesn’t eat them so I’m slowly turning into one … 🤢

Have given so many away but they just keep on coming and even the neighbours have had enough.

I think I better make a beer with them.

Any suggestions? 

Passionfruit Creme Brulee?

Saucepan

1.5 cups of cream

1/4 cup of sugar

teaspoon vanilla paste

Some passionfruit ( as much as you want really, just using for flavour

Heat up, do not boil for 8 mins

Whilst heating and giving a stir

Whisk three egg yolks

When cream is hot pour half a cup into eggs through a strainer, whisk and when mixed, add rest of cream through strainer ( that way yolks don't split)

If you have ramekins or ramekin shaped containers (made of clay for oven use) pour them in

Place on tray, fill tray with water to halfway up ramekin, put in oven 180-190 middle shelf 45 mins-1 hour

Take out, let settle, then put in fridge for 3 hours, take out, sugar on top, torch and serve ( few berries on side of dish if you wanna be fancy)Serve,

I made this one night when I had really stuffed up and Mrs C was really angry, she had one bite and went "OK, fair enough, you're forgiven"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Passionfruit Creme Brulee?

Saucepan

1.5 cups of cream

1/4 cup of sugar

teaspoon vanilla paste

Some passionfruit ( as much as you want really, just using for flavour

Heat up, do not boil for 8 mins

Whilst heating and giving a stir

Whisk three egg yolks

When cream is hot pour half a cup into eggs through a strainer, whisk and when mixed, add rest of cream through strainer ( that way yolks don't split)

If you have ramekins or ramekin shaped containers (made of clay for oven use) pour them in

Place on tray, fill tray with water to halfway up ramekin, put in oven 180-190 middle shelf 45 mins-1 hour

Take out, let settle, then put in fridge for 3 hours, take out, sugar on top, torch and serve ( few berries on side of dish if you wanna be fancy)Serve,

I made this one night when I had really stuffed up and Mrs C was really angry, she had one bite and went "OK, fair enough, you're forgiven"

200.gif

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

@Dustin Frothmanhave you decided what to do?

No not yet. A bit too busy with work at the moment. Once the weekend rolls around and my annual leave begins I’ll consider what to do with them. I liked your suggestion however.

In the meantime they just keep on ripening and falling off the vine. We’ve been giving a lot away to the neighbours.

• Like 2

Using the second half of the Coopers Pale Ale tin today along with a mini mash of pale ale and a little crystal malt. 

Adding LDME and Brew Enhancer 2 in this one as well as a whirlpool steep of 15g each of Cascade and Galaxy.

1kg of passionfruit pulp to the fermenter and a dry hop with more Cascade and Galaxy.

Will try Nottingham Ale Yeast because why not?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Using the second half of the Coopers Pale Ale tin today along with a mini mash of pale ale and a little crystal malt. 

Adding LDME and Brew Enhancer 2 in this one as well as a whirlpool steep of 15g each of Cascade and Galaxy.

1kg of passionfruit pulp to the fermenter and a dry hop with more Cascade and Galaxy.

Will try Nottingham Ale Yeast because why not?

Notto will munch through that.

Cheers 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I reckon I’m ready to learn another skill and give that a go so I’ll read up on your guide thread and let you know how I go.

If going to use in a couple of weeks then the fridge is fine, long term,freeze and remove the oxygen out of it - ie remove the liquid then in a freezer bag  squeeze out the air whilst sealing the bag.

• Thanks 1