Winter is coming - Stout time!

T D

Hi everyone!

unfortunately the weather is going to get colder (bar global warming) and I’m going to start prepping my stocks with amber and stouts!

just wondering how you think I should go about using this kit I was gifted, unfortunately the store is now closed and not contactable.

I was thinking of halving all ingredients (apart from yeast) and making two batches, which seems the most reasonable!

let me know if you’re making any darker beers and best recipes (BrewArt or not) you like!

CA48BDF2-95F3-442E-A925-C5EE429FAEFD.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m also looking forward to dark beers season. Another favourite is Coopers Dark Ale. It needs around 12 weeks of maturing to be at its best so you’d want to get onto it soon.

In BrewArt kegs I’ve got the following ready and waiting for some cool weather:

- Kremlin RIS with cold brew coffee infusion @ 220 days

- Polska Baltic Porter @ 215 days

- Shadow Hill Porter @ 188 days

Fingers crossed that they’re all still good in another few months.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, T D said:

Hi everyone!

unfortunately the weather is going to get colder (bar global warming) and I’m going to start prepping my stocks with amber and stouts!

just wondering how you think I should go about using this kit I was gifted, unfortunately the store is now closed and not contactable.

I was thinking of halving all ingredients (apart from yeast) and making two batches, which seems the most reasonable!

let me know if you’re making any darker beers and best recipes (BrewArt or not) you like!

CA48BDF2-95F3-442E-A925-C5EE429FAEFD.jpeg

The stout booster pack looks like it can be resealed (zip lock). Halve the ingredients except for the yeast. Use the oneunder the can lid and when you do the other use a suitable BrewPrint one. Store the leftover ingredients in the fridge until required. 
Obviously mix/dissolve the ingredients in a sanitised container before adding to the Droid.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your input everyone, definitely thought it’s time to brew now to be ready for the season!

have just finished the four leaf stout, initial thought was it may be a tad weaker than expected, we’ll see how it matures in the coming months 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Robert Pretty said:

As for Brewprints, recommend Coopers Old Special Stout, Ruby and Shadow Hill Porters.

All good on a winters night, by the fire place.

Thanks for reminding me for the next order.

Coopers Special Old Stout & Coopers Best Extra Stout. Both excellent and you will not be disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Dustin Frothman said:

I’m also looking forward to dark beers season. Another favourite is Coopers Dark Ale. It needs around 12 weeks of maturing to be at its best so you’d want to get onto it soon.

In BrewArt kegs I’ve got the following ready and waiting for some cool weather:

- Kremlin RIS with cold brew coffee infusion @ 220 days

- Polska Baltic Porter @ 215 days

- Shadow Hill Porter @ 188 days

Fingers crossed that they’re all still good in another few months.

As @Dustin Frothman said always good to leave a few in storage. Got 2x Coopers Special Old Stout at 307 days and 4x Shadow Hill Porter at 226 days

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

The stout booster pack looks like it can be resealed (zip lock). Halve the ingredients except for the yeast. Use the oneunder the can lid and when you do the other use a suitable BrewPrint one. Store the leftover ingredients in the fridge until required. 

I've heard mixed opinions about the can yeast, some people say just to rubbish it all together