Brewflo - Newbie

Mark Gillman

Iam thinking of purchasing a Brewflo as its seems so easy the fill a couple of Kegs. But looking at all the post on leaking Issues it seems that the BrewArt Team have a bit to go until its perfected. Having spent my working career involved in Liquid packaging and flexible liners such as the 5lt bags used for Kegging, Iam aware of some of the manufacturing faults that can occur. I would be interested to know where the 5lt liners are manufactured, Australia (Schole or Sealed Air), Bothe of these businesses have been manufacturing liners for over 35 years. So I hope that the liners are not some cheap import.

Mark,

I've been using the system with Brewart kegs since 2016.  I've done nearly 200 brews.

I've probably lost 1/2 dozen kegs due to hardware failure.  I think 'failed' liners are generally either cross-threaded and leak at the joint, or handled a little roughly when scewwing on, which causes the layers to de-laminate.

A bigger problem for me has been beer lines (between keg and tap) blowing off.  This is under control now by making sure it is well pushed together before installing.

FYI the liners are Scholle brand.

Cheers,

Martin.

21 hours ago, Mark Gillman said:

Iam thinking of purchasing a Brewflo as its seems so easy the fill a couple of Kegs. But looking at all the post on leaking Issues it seems that the BrewArt Team have a bit to go until its perfected. Having spent my working career involved in Liquid packaging and flexible liners such as the 5lt bags used for Kegging, Iam aware of some of the manufacturing faults that can occur. I would be interested to know where the 5lt liners are manufactured, Australia (Schole or Sealed Air), Bothe of these businesses have been manufacturing liners for over 35 years. So I hope that the liners are not some cheap import.

Hi Mark

Not sure where you live. But if your interested. I'm selling my Brewflo's as I now have a Kegerator.

On 28/6/2022 at 7:38 PM, Martin Peters said:

Mark,

I've been using the system with Brewart kegs since 2016.  I've done nearly 200 brews.

I've probably lost 1/2 dozen kegs due to hardware failure.  I think 'failed' liners are generally either cross-threaded and leak at the joint, or handled a little roughly when scewwing on, which causes the layers to de-laminate.

A bigger problem for me has been beer lines (between keg and tap) blowing off.  This is under control now by making sure it is well pushed together before installing.

FYI the liners are Scholle brand.

Cheers,

Martin.

Hi Martin,

I’m glad to hear that your experience with the BrewFlo has been positive. I’d have to respectfully disagree that the ‘failed’ liners are mostly due to user error. I’ve detailed many instances of failure that have been caused by circumstances outside of the user’s influence.

I desperately wanted my BrewFlo to be more reliable than it was. I still have hope as I believe I’ll have a use for it in future, and note that the marketing email from BrewArt that was received today alludes to a redesigned unit.

Fingers crossed as in theory it’s a brilliant idea with so much potential.

• Upvote 2