First time Brewart Brewer

Howler

Hi all,

Bought myself a BeerDroid and BeerFlo and have my first beer brewing currently - Coopers Pale Ale.

I have the BeerDroid out in the back shed and it does have WiFi access but the signal is not the best.  So synced my Droid to the App and all is well, set the brewing off with the App on Monday night.

I have just noticed that when I check the App it says its been brewing for 2days 11 hours and all is well, it gave me notification when it went from propagation to fermentation which was cool.  I have now noticed that the BeerDroid screen shows brewing for 1 day and 3 hours and shows as "CUSTOM".  I checked the beer by puting the light on and it looks good and is bubbling away, looking like Pale which is good.

Can anyone shed some light on why the App and the Droid seem to not be in sync and why the Droid only says 1 day 3 hours.  The App is the correct duration and all temps are good and knows I'm brewing a Pale Ale.

HELP!!!!!

I heard that there's a difference in the programming on the BeerDroid and the app. The BeerDroid will show how long it's been powered on for, but the app shows time since the brew was started. You probably had a little power cut in your shed for a bit.

Don't worry - the beer should still be great!

So it still should still auto detect when fermentation is complete and jump into store mode?

It was a bit weird because the Droid was initially in sync with the App in terms of elapsed time, but then about a day and a half into it the BeerDroid elapsed time changed.

I wasn't sure if the weak WiFi signal in the shed had anything to do with it, but it shouldn't.  Also not sure why it switched to "CUSTOM"

Its still bubbling away nicely and seems to be heading in the right direction.

Not sure about the wifi interfering with it. I only know of power cuts doing it (you become very familiar with how power cuts affect the BeerDroid when you live in Adelaide). The BeerDroid always shows 'Custom' when you choose a program from the app, even if it matches up completely with the Lager or Ale program defaults.

Ok so my Coopers Pale Ale has been brewing for 6 days and 13 hours now.

Got a notification to my App saying Fermentation Start not detected, its been brewing for 7 days!

The LCD display on the Droid has no error message at all.  The brew looks like Pale Ale colour and has been bubbling away nicely so far,

What do you guys suggest I do???

This is on the BrewArt 101 site under FAQ's, Beerdroid brewing, number 7.

What are the causes for fermentation activity not being detected?

Normally fermentation activity will start within a few days of starting your brew program. If you are using the BrewArt App, you will be notified if the BeerDroid has not detected any fermentation activity by the fourth day. Causes could be: (1) Yeast was not added to the brew, (2) Poor yeast viability (health) due to exposure to extreme temperatures, (3) Yeast added to hot water in the BeerDroid, or (4) Yeast has expired.  Contact brewing support for assistance with diagnosis.

It could be you had your power outage when it was first trying to detect fermentation or it could be that you have a faulty droid.

7 days is typically enough time for a Pale Ale to ferment. You could bottle it and perhaps try another brew and see how you go.

Archived