Giving away used BrewFlo (US/CA) - you pay packing and shipping

David Burrows

Hi all, I was an early Kickstarter for the BrewArt complete system. I really like the BeerDroid, and will be keeping it to ferment wort from my new Pico Z. However, I have not had very good luck with the BrewFlo. I've lost approx 40% of my kegged beer due to various problems with the keg hardware and liners, (both original and new "spear" versions). As far as I can tell, I've not had the same problem more than once, but there are a lot of failure modes and all it takes is one.... I'm going back to other methods of storage/dispensing.

On the bright side, I've not had any problems with the BrewFlo unit itself: it keeps beer cold, correctly senses remaining beer level, and has no air compressor leaks. I had one keg early on that decided to empty itself gradually into the keg chamber of the BrewFlo. I poured that out, cleaned as best as I could and sanitized with H2O2. Didn't notice any operational problems with subsequent kegs.

Anyways, I'm hoping someone out there is interested in tackling the BrewFlo and maybe is a bit luckier or more skilled with the keg hardware assembly. On offer:

• 1 BrewFlo unit (US/Canada) including tap handle and drip tray
  • 2 Complete (opened but never unpacked) Kegging Packs (these are the new style with spears and matching liners)

You will pay for packing costs and actual shipping charges. I think that's going to be around $50-60 but not 100% sure until I get it boxed up at the UPS Store. (I no longer have original packaging.) Any takers?

2 hours ago, David Burrows said:

Hi all, I was an early Kickstarter for the BrewArt complete system. I really like the BeerDroid, and will be keeping it to ferment wort from my new Pico Z. However, I have not had very good luck with the BrewFlo. I've lost approx 40% of my kegged beer due to various problems with the keg hardware and liners, (both original and new "spear" versions). As far as I can tell, I've not had the same problem more than once, but there are a lot of failure modes and all it takes is one.... I'm going back to other methods of storage/dispensing.

On the bright side, I've not had any problems with the BrewFlo unit itself: it keeps beer cold, correctly senses remaining beer level, and has no air compressor leaks. I had one keg early on that decided to empty itself gradually into the keg chamber of the BrewFlo. I poured that out, cleaned as best as I could and sanitized with H2O2. Didn't notice any operational problems with subsequent kegs.

Anyways, I'm hoping someone out there is interested in tackling the BrewFlo and maybe is a bit luckier or more skilled with the keg hardware assembly. On offer:

• 1 BrewFlo unit (US/Canada) including tap handle and drip tray
  • 2 Complete (opened but never unpacked) Kegging Packs (these are the new style with spears and matching liners)

You will pay for packing costs and actual shipping charges. I think that's going to be around $50-60 but not 100% sure until I get it boxed up at the UPS Store. (I no longer have original packaging.) Any takers?

Is it feasible to ship to Australia? If so for postage costs I’m at Noarlunga Downs, South Australia post code 5168.

Great offer by the way.

Cheers Mark

22 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Is it feasible to ship to Australia? If so for postage costs I’m at Noarlunga Downs, South Australia post code 5168.

Great offer by the way.

Cheers Mark

Unfortunately, this is the North American version of the BrewFlo and requires 120V AC (see attached rating label). You'd need a beefy voltage converter and even then it's no telling how the compressors will fare over the long run. I did go ahead and estimate freight charges alone: roughly US$210.

IMG_20190721_183855.jpg

14 minutes ago, David Burrows said:

Unfortunately, this is the North American version of the BrewFlo and requires 120V AC (see attached rating label). You'd need a beefy voltage converter and even then it's no telling how the compressors will fare over the long run. I did go ahead and estimate freight charges alone: roughly US$210.

IMG_20190721_183855.jpg

Thanks for response David, didn’t consider voltage etc. With a converter and freight and the risk of “rough” handling doesn’t make it worthwhile.

As said, great offer and I’m sure will be snapped up.

Thanks again Mark.

7 minutes ago, David Burrows said:

Last call, I'm going to recycle the BrewFlo if no takers by end of this week (27 July). Also, I'm willing to ship just the Kegging Packs within US or CA if anyone is interested in taking them off my hands.

Just can’t believe you have no takers David. Can you advertise elsewhere for free like eBay etc. such a waste for recycling but you can only try.

Good luck

2 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Just can’t believe you have no takers David. Can you advertise elsewhere for free like eBay etc. such a waste for recycling but you can only try.

Good luck

Yes I am surprised no one has snapped it up. I picked up a brewflow from a local Tassie guy last week. Whilst not free he had dropped the price to $175 to try and get a sale.  Bonus was when I picked it up it also came with 5 kegs and bits and bobs. Next problem to solve was  to buy a beerdroid, which I have done and pickup from post office today. I looked at second hand ones from the mainland but postage to Tassie was the killer (Sendie is cheap but the volume of the box was over their max so wasn’t an option so purchased new). The chap who sold me the beerflow kindly gave me a run down on the brewflow and kegging as well which was great. Cheers Terry

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rennce said:

Yes I am surprised no one has snapped it up. I picked up a brewflow from a local Tassie guy last week. Whilst not free he had dropped the price to $175 to try and get a sale.  Bonus was when I picked it up it also came with 5 kegs and bits and bobs. Next problem to solve was  to buy a beerdroid, which I have done and pickup from post office today. I looked at second hand ones from the mainland but postage to Tassie was the killer (Sendie is cheap but the volume of the box was over their max so wasn’t an option so purchased new). The chap who sold me the beerflow kindly gave me a run down on the brewflow and kegging as well which was great. Cheers Terry

Great bargain with the beerflo plus the accessories. You will throughly enjoy and be amazed at the quality results you will get from the Beerdroid. Good info on this forum and if you need info etc then feel free to contact. I’m looking for a second unit, no second hand ones here in SA  and most interstates won’t post. I do prefer new so will await a brewart special.

What brews/styles  are interested in? Have you brewed before?  (Checkout here and Brewprint reviews for some responses.)

Cheers Mark

5 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

Great bargain with the beerflo plus the accessories. You will throughly enjoy and be amazed at the quality results you will get from the Beerdroid. Good info on this forum and if you need info etc then feel free to contact. I’m looking for a second unit, no second hand ones here in SA  and most interstates won’t post. I do prefer new so will await a brewart special.

What brews/styles  are interested in? Have you brewed before?  (Checkout here and Brewprint reviews for some responses.)

Cheers Mark

I missed the real bargain the guy had: 2 droids, a brewflow and a heap of kit that went for $800.

In terms of brewing I don’t have much experience other than a couple of bad brews about 5 years ago. Beer types I like are British Ales and Bitters and Porters. Looking forward the trying the Californian Steam. Cheers Terry

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Barrelboy said:

I’m looking for a second unit, no second hand ones here in SA  and most interstates won’t post. I do prefer new so will await a brewart special.

There is one for sale used 5 times no more than 20 kms from you

no not me...i did grab some kegs though, will check out the price

Edited by Rob Courtney

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, Paul Weare said:

Hi David,

I have recently bought a BeerDroid and I am very happy with it.  Do you still have the original packaging for your BrewFlo?  I may be interested in take yours off your hands.  Does it fit 5 L kegsL

David,  

I will take your BrewFo and pay for shipping.   Please pack it well and sturdy.  Contact me to make arrangements.   pweare@rogers.com 

15 minutes ago, Paul Weare said:

David,  

I will take your BrewFo and pay for shipping.   Please pack it well and sturdy.  Contact me to make arrangements.   pweare@rogers.com 

Hi Paul and welcome. David’s post was July 2019 so you might be a bit late and he may not see your post so perhaps message him through this app.

Cheers. 
Ps what styles do you enjoy and are you bottling at the moment?

I am just preparing to keg a batch of American Pale Ale that came with BeerDroid from Amazon.  As the BrewPrints are not available in Canada, I will be forced to buy 2.5 L kits from one of your competitors.  I was hoping to get the Breedlove to complete the system, but, I guess I'll have to buy that from your competitors too.

Cheers mate.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Paul Weare said:

I am just preparing to keg a batch of American Pale Ale that came with BeerDroid from Amazon.  As the BrewPrints are not available in Canada, I will be forced to buy 2.5 L kits from one of your competitors.  I was hoping to get the Breedlove to complete the system, but, I guess I'll have to buy that from your competitors too.

Cheers mate.

Can you get the tins of Mr Beer in Canada? They are great for10l brews.