US Chiller Lager

You don’t get spares? I have 2 of each hops incase I forget to dry hop with pellets, have 2 extra of the common yeasts and extra E1, E2, and E5, and 4 of X1, X2, X3. These come in handy for when late deliveries and have run out of purchased recipe ingredients, extras to a recipe, repeating a recipe or making up my own.

Yeh I know, a smart arse4FC29AED-77C5-4103-8E28-7FA47061D193.jpeg.b1aaa785e10bf29eea690648c530b64b.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

If I could wangle an extra E5 I'd be in business but I definitely want a Pale Ale where I am kind of had enough of US Chiller and the Tommy Boy is a much better option than US Chiller, I'd also do the Tommy Boy with a Y9 yeast to see if that makes it a little different instead of a Y7 and change the Hops from Saaz to Hersbrucker, maybe 50/50 split.

4 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

If I could wangle an extra E5 I'd be in business but I definitely want a Pale Ale where I am kind of had enough of US Chiller and the Tommy Boy is a much better option than US Chiller, I'd also do the Tommy Boy with a Y9 yeast to see if that makes it a little different instead of a Y7 and change the Hops from Saaz to Hersbrucker, maybe 50/50 split.

Swapping yeasts all ok (have had to do that myself), hops ok as well.

Edited by Barrelboy

30 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

I think what amazes me most about my previous post is how much my knowledge has expanded in the last 18 months that I am taking a Brewprint and changing it with yeast, hops and hop teas to get the flavour in it that I got from the original brew the print is taken off

What I like about the Brewprint ingredients is that it is easy to make some changes, if it doesn’t turn out that good its only 10l, you stuff up an all grain brew, plenty wasted and heaps of time and effort. It does suprise how much knowledge and confidence you can gain in 18 months and there’s heaps more to come.

• Thanks 1

On 18/04/2020 at 2:41 PM, Barrelboy said:

Definitely the Pilsner 

This will make you laugh, put all the ingredients  left over into the shemsheet and you know what I can make instead of Tommy Pilsner with the ingredients?

Birra

Don"t worry, i high fived myself, much better than Tommy Boy

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 02/10/2019 at 3:09 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

13194392-B39B-4F5D-829E-37B1EF3860C9.thumb.jpeg.0375274ec4737b87117ddce3456d27d7.jpeg

This is my first attempt, US Chiller. Kegged in a SS 10liter keg with both primers added and stored in secondary fermentation for 3 weeks.

Why the difference in color? Yours has more of a golden color compared to my hazy orange. Any ideas what I did wrong?

3D8BF58F-FA26-4368-AC5B-A5DE5E968E9C.jpeg

3 hours ago, K. C. said:

This is my first attempt, US Chiller. Kegged in a SS 10liter keg with both primers added and stored in secondary fermentation for 3 weeks.

Why the difference in color? Yours has more of a golden color compared to my hazy orange. Any ideas what I did wrong?

3D8BF58F-FA26-4368-AC5B-A5DE5E968E9C.jpeg

Your lager (and looking good) is only 3 weeks in the keg, therefore not all the unfermentables have settle out to the bottom of the keg (trub) whereas mine was a lot longer in the keg before consuming and therefore clearer.

How is it tasting?

1 hour ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

Your lager (and looking good) is only 3 weeks in the keg, therefore not all the unfermentables have settle out to the bottom of the keg (trub) whereas mine was a lot longer in the keg before consuming and therefore clearer.

How is it tasting?

Thanks, being my first one I just wanted to make sure I didn’t do anything wrong.

Tastes fine. I have an Aztec in a keg right now (2 weeks secondary), a Belgian Lager brewing, and I’m waiting on a shipment of: GOAT, Coopers Artisan Reserve, Coopers Pacific Pale Ale, Ruby Stout, & a Pineapple Crush.

I’m usually a lager type guy, but I’ve decided to branch out a bit. I want to try them all, lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Welcome onboard @K. C.. That Lager looks good mate , and im sure very sessionable. I am the opposite to you mate , i am an Ale drinker , but have slowly brought some lagers into the mix, a mate brewed the low carb dry lager and was actually quite pleasant. I have the Lion City in now ( which i have brewed several times and is probably my favorite brew so far from brewart) and i have a czech pils to come . 

I can however speak for all you have to brew ( except the artisian ale which i have never brewed but i have enjoyed a bottle or two of ) i dont think you will be unimpressed. 

When ordering have you seen the shemsheet mate ? Can do chillers for 17 bucks which is awesome

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 24/06/2021 at 5:12 PM, Captain 3 Droids said:

How is it tasting?

So I let it sit on the keg for two days without being disturbed and it poured a beautiful golden color. Now it not only tastes great, but looks great too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, K. C. said:

Have I seen the what? shemsheet?

This is a game changer for me. Done by a dude who is rolling around , it has all the brewprints by ingredients and potential savings. So brews like the US Chiller, EPD, Cooper Pale etc have an awesome saving by buying the individual ingredients (minus the primer and cleaner ) , so can do the chiller for 17 bucks and thats not a bad price for a carton of beer 😁

Shems cheat sheet -Dry Hop (v 1.0).xlsx

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1