Steeped grains and brewdroid question.

Weissbock

Hey guys,
With my old brewing setup when I'm steeping grains 160 degrees F 15 minutes I have always used 2 quarts water in 3 quart pot., (lower PH) At end of 15 minutes I remove grains bag and put lid on to cool to pitching temps then dump to 5 gallon fermenter along with wort, fill to 5 gallons, pitch yeast, done.

Not sure but perhaps I could steep grains then pour that into a 3/4 full bottle of cool spring water, add to droid,
then top up water to 9.5 liters, (9.5 for my big recipes) add yeast and elements, start program? Trying not to get ahead of myself but it's tough, figuring this out now will benefit me down the road, and help with writing out my recipes instructions properly.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Weissbock said:

Hey guys,
With my old brewing setup when I'm steeping grains 160 degrees F 15 minutes I have always used 2 quarts water in 3 quart pot., (lower PH) At end of 15 minutes I remove grains bag and put lid on to cool to pitching temps then dump to 5 gallon fermenter along with wort, fill to 5 gallons, pitch yeast, done.

Not sure but perhaps I could steep grains then pour that into a 3/4 full bottle of cool spring water, add to droid,
then top up water to 9.5 liters, (9.5 for my big recipes) add yeast and elements, start program? Trying not to get ahead of myself but it's tough, figuring this out now will benefit me down the road, and help with writing out my recipes instructions properly.

Cheers!

Yes, just do your ingredient calculations to match the 9.5l. Don’t put it too hot into droid, with chilled water I try it get it close to the target propagation temperature.

• 3 weeks later...