Golden Days of Summer Ale

On 20/5/22 at 6:43 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

A forced change to the hops, have the 20g citra but boobed and used 20g Saaz. Have run out of Hersbrucker. So substituted with 20g Willamette.

Should be ok. 

EOF after 6 days however left an extra 2 days in the Droid. Keg plus a PET bottle to sample in a few weeks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I am just sampling my first brew of the Golden Days of Summer Ale, albeit on the 1st August in the middle of Winter. I kegged it a couple of weeks ago, but have recently started adding more liquid to the droid, so I can fill my two kegs, then also fill a couple of bottles to use as samplers. 
Geez, it’s only been 2 weeks in the bottle and I love it. A wonderful fruity taste, not overly bitter. Christ; I gave my wife a taste and she hates beer; nonetheless I had to open both bottles because one pot wasn’t enough for her. 
A real distinctive flavour that separates it from others.

Cheers!

Anthony

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Funnily enough, it is what I have in the droid at the moment. Was going to get up this morning and go get some Amarillo hops but got a wee bit hammered last night, had a friend over and even though we drank a few longnecks of beer, we knocked off 4 bottles of red.

So, kinda hoping he has some hops when I get there Monday, otherwise I am a bit stuffed

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is what I love about Brewart. I have 8 or 9 brews done in bottles and to be fair I love me a lager/pilsner, I'm an ale drinker but not at the same ratio as a lot of craft brewers...and that is cool.

Tonight I had a near three week Neder to start off, then two long necks of Bohemian and then finish off with a longneck and a grolsch of this at 5 weeks.

It allows me to position the beers in the right order to really appreciate the beauty of each one. If I was to buy the individual beers in their sizes, it'd be nasty, probs $40-50 tonight  but I can keep this up for the next few weeks happily.

BTW, 5 weeks in, this is drinking really well. Anyone brewing this has to go the Captains recipe

• Upvote 1