Golden Days of Summer Ale

Welcome Dial-IN 

No need to apologize for bring up an old thread. That's the thread for that brew, anytime someone has a question about a brew that is the place to ask. Saves starting new threads on the same thing. Also a good reference if you want to find out information on a particular brew.

25g of Citra and Amarillo would be a nice place to start.

Depends on how hoppy you like it. It's really good fun playing around with different hops and combinations. 

Edited by Robert Pretty
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Robert Pretty said:

Welcome Dial-IN 

No need to apologize for bring up an old thread. That's the thread for that brew, anytime someone has a question about a brew that is the place to ask. Saves starting new threads on the same thing. Also a good reference if you want to find out information on a particular brew.

25g of Citra and Amarillo would be a nice place to start.

Depends on how hoppy you like it. It's really good fun playing around with different hops and combinations. 

Thanks for the reply.

I'm a fan of big fruity IPA, IIPA, NEIPA etc so the more hops the better! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Robert Pretty said:

Talked me into it @Captain 3 Droids . This is with 60g of Amarillo, at 5 weeks. I think the captain is right. Bit of Citra is the go. Hope everyone had a relaxing Christmas day. I sure did. Nothing like floating down the river with a cold beer , after Christmas lunch.

IMG_20211225_172500389.jpg

IMG_20211225_150205152.jpg

Glad you like it. Brilliant scene. Have had a few beers and thought “what an erection” thank heavens  it’s a long neck. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

8 weeks secondary and I have left the stubbies alone as much as I can, so there is at least 4 (though given my ability to read at the best of times, could be 2) and maybe 5 to be drunk tonight.

I know you guys don't like this beer and have been very critical of it but I am not sure why, it's a real beers beer and would go cracking with a hotter curry or as was the case tonight, some fish and chips with King George Whiting. Think it may be another couple of weeks til I get to the longnecks so that'll be a treat

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Captain 3 Droids said:

I’ve brewed it 8 times now, it’s a good drop just needed a bit extra in the hops department.

I prefer this much more than West Coast, has that bitterness I am always looking for and after a day inside the shed, sorting it out properly (job put off for ten years) it is just what the doc ordered. Going to say though, after a few hours in the shed, it was practically freezing when I walked back outside, never has 30 degrees felt so cold

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

8 weeks secondary and I have left the stubbies alone as much as I can, so there is at least 4 (though given my ability to read at the best of times, could be 2) and maybe 5 to be drunk tonight.

I know you guys don't like this beer and have been very critical of it but I am not sure why, it's a real beers beer and would go cracking with a hotter curry or as was the case tonight, some fish and chips with King George Whiting. Think it may be another couple of weeks til I get to the longnecks so that'll be a treat

Glad to hear it's tasty, it's my next to brew! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rob Courtney said:

Is it similar to any commercial beer?

Cheers