Golden Days of Summer Ale

8 minutes ago, Rob Courtney said:

Not sure I care anymore, TBH, I'd rather they never had a free delivery offer and just used TOLL...charge me $25 and use TOLL

Yeah I paid the $15 last time. Like you I get pissed off with it because it’s with an inefficient Aust Post (and before the virus) so I look at the $15 being free as being ask 5 x a malt pack as compensation

• Upvote 1

Caved to my terrible impulse control and had a bottle of the GDOSA at 2 weeks this arvo for a small PHS.

Already outstanding! Can definitely see how some time to settle down will help the flavours meld together a bit more cohesively, but already the mouthfeel is luxe, streets ahead of what I expected! Decent head, which stuck around a little but not that long. Might chill a Headmaster next time I try it. Big hit of that amarillo flavour in there, which is great but I do slightly hope it will round out a little, just because it feels a wee bit "unrefined". Maybe currently a little bitter-er than I'd usually go, but not enough to be an issue! Some malt and toffee hanging around too which I like in a beer, but is currently not in perfect harmony with the amarillo aroma. Time heals all wounds I guess...

Definitely in the vein of Cricketers Arms with the amarillo punch leading, and a bit like the Single Fin too. I maybe would have expected something a bit fruitier too, maybe pairing some galaxy hops in would do that.

Overall I'm just blown away, having seriously managed my expectations knowing all these beers are better with a few weeks on the scoreboard.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When you had a disappointing beer with dinner at the pub so you go home to fix that:

headmastersmall (4).jpg

Snapchat-715077233.jpg

Beautiful creamy head, but I'll tell you what that Amarillo sure is a ballsy hop. I didn't get as much aroma today but maybe that was because it was cold and not in the fancy glass. Or just my mood today

Edited by Gillies Brewing
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gillies Brewing said:

When you had a disappointing beer with dinner at the pub so you go home to fix that:

Doing similar except that my disappointing beer was on the plane home from Syd this evening. :vomit:

The Coopers Pale in the lounge was much better however but the Jolly Roger is taking the win today.

Edited by Dustin Frothman
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah i keep rolling back to the CPA but might have to go out of my comfort zone. I have just finished a stone and wood pacific ale and then a Weissbier to go in the droid tomorrow then i am out of brewprints. Feel like i may have to do an order soon 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Yeah i keep rolling back to the CPA but might have to go out of my comfort zone. I have just finished a stone and wood pacific ale and then a Weissbier to go in the droid tomorrow then i am out of brewprints. Feel like i may have to do an order soon 🤣🤣🤣

When you find that daily driver beer you know you're onto a good thing.

The problem for me is that I think I've got about 5 or 6 daily drivers ... 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/1/22 at 8:16 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

In the Droid today with a yeast change and hop additions.

Instead of Y1 yeast I change to Y5 (as used in the German Weissbier). Why you ask, well it is partly wheat based ie 2 x X2 (Weissbier is 3 x X2) and in reading the Y5 profile I thought “why not”.

Will dry hop day 5, 20g each of Citra and Hersbrucker 

Kegged just over 7 weeks ago. This has been a great success. The hops come right through with the palate and after taste. I think the yeast change has added to this, not sure how yet. (Another 10 pints may give the answer? Ha)

This is what I love about home brewing experimentation, the great thing is the BrewArt system/ingredients make it so much easier.

52976264-AC3C-4918-AF8E-7187B078A9C4.thumb.jpeg.e47d6d4c4b980f82d0c68e7f5e13c5e4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...