Sign in to follow this  
Rob Courtney

Neder Lager

Brewed this once before and it was a bit of a disaster but that was more on me I guess, so a year later I have given it another go. So, 4 weeks in I chucked a stubby in to see what it is like (really had to stop myself in the last few weeks to open one, it was alright in the sample out of the droid) and that is a real good example of a Dutch lager, a real good example.

Early days but that is a fair chance of cracking the top 10, really impressed with this one. 

Just looked at my top 10, has Monch in it...and I like Monch but Neder has it covered by a fair mark...and it has a few in my top 10 covered

• Upvote 1

Close to 7 weeks in and this is sensational, really nice bitterness to it, fresh and crisp. I'd post a picture but I am in a good place with a pint and just can't be arsed frankly.

• Haha 1

7 weeks in now, lost a touch of the bitterness that it had early, so my belief is this is best drunk between 4-6 weeks. In saying that though, still a cracking beer

IMG20200704203113.thumb.jpg.9a32e3233e00192d2badef42674a1926.jpg

• Upvote 1

First beer back and it is the Neder at about 10 weeks and funnily enough, after trying some Heinekens when I was away and not liking them, the Neder, a Dutch lager, indeed had a bit of the Heiny in it but it was a far, far better version of it. Really happy with this, drinks very nicely at 4-6 weeks but maybe leave out 7-8 weeks and then drink the rest for a different beer.

I was going to talk about top 10 in beers but maybe we have to extend it to top 15...

• Upvote 1