Coopers Dark Ale

This is my wife's favourite Coopers beer on draught back home in Adelaide so I've ordered the ingredients to make one for her.

Any tips or tricks from those with experience brewing this? What is the conditioning time for peak drinking?

I really need to get this one right as she doesn't know that I've bought a Brewart setup and whenever I mentioned wanting one I've received the "where are you going to put all that?!" response. 🤫

33 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

This is my wife's favourite Coopers beer on draught back home in Adelaide so I've ordered the ingredients to make one for her.

Any tips or tricks from those with experience brewing this? What is the conditioning time for peak drinking?

I really need to get this one right as she doesn't know that I've bought a Brewart setup and whenever I mentioned wanting one I've received the "where are you going to put all that?!" response. 🤫

To be honest I don’t think the good woman will be disappointed with this. As it’s only at 4.5%  I’d give it 8 weeks for for peak time however wouldn’t be far off at 6 weeks.

Ps Where are you going to put it all?

30 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

Thanks Mark. OK I'll get this one started first for the most lead time.

I've got plenty of space here in my apartment. She's worried about when I eventually bring it all back to Adelaide. So if I can just convince her with her favourite beer I'll be in good standing.

Ok I see. You should buy a long neck of the Coopers, carefully remove the top, consume, clean and sanitise and then fill when the brew has fermented, add the sugar for carbonation, Carefully recap, let it mature and then put it in the fridge in Adelaide as if you bought it.

If it’s a poor response then it’s Coopers fault haha lol👍

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Received the new tap for my Droid today so got busy cleaning, sanitising and setting up this afternoon and am pleased to report that the Dark Ale is on the go.

Looking forward to seeing what the wife thinks in a couple of months when this is ready.

Thanks all for your help and advice to date. 🍻

• Upvote 2

Havent done the dark ale yet , but most the dark beers i have tried have been very enjoyable to say the least . Plus being coopers they should hopefully let some of the secret ingredients get through to these brewprints . Cant really clone their own beers lol.. i cant see how they will go wrong and like Mark said give it a good conditioning time and she wont be complaining . 

• Upvote 1

Kegged this today.

I really took my time with everything, following both the tips from the 101 videos, everyone here and on the Facebook site. It was a breeze, thank you all so much. What a great resource.

Now to just put them aside and wait for a couple of months.

Will clean up and put another brew straight on tonight. 😀

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Dustin Frothman said:

2100126904_IMG_21592.thumb.jpg.e91251123d91e863f0a7c30b6dfc325c.jpg

8 weeks conditioning.

Wife loves it. Just said the best pub in Brisbane is at our house. As much as I love going to the pub that's one hell of a compliment. She's having a lot of fun pouring them too.

That is good news. Nothing better than getting that sort of feedback.

Of course that is good news and bad news, good that your missus loves your beer, bad because that means you'll need another droid

Also, is the oven on and have you got enough Fish fingers?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...