Adding hops for newbie

Hi

After reading all your tips and Brewart video watching  

Finally got a Droid. Followed Mark and Rob's cleaning tips Used Brewart tablet and a spray with Stellar San. In goes the Tea party Larger. Why destroy a good Ale for your first attempt. 

Quick question to make sure I understand stood the video. The hops liquid or dry go in once it is in keg or store mode. After fermentation is completed .Leave in for 24 hours does it matter which mode keg or store? Then keg or bottle. 

The one packet of surcose goes in the keg before or after filling. The drops go in the bottle after filling. 

Then store 4weeks min and start on an IPA .

• Upvote 1

Hi Robert,

Welcome. Great to see you've followed all the tips here. Both Mark and Rob are experienced and very knowledgeable.

If you are using the hop pouches:

• If bottling add to the Droid at end of fermentation and let sit for 24 hours. You can stir through gently with a sanitised spoon but be careful not to disturb the trub at the bottom of the Droid. I doesn't matter if the Droid is in Keg or Store mode.
  • At end of fermentation you will have 48 hours before the Droid automatically switches to Store mode and drops the temperature of the brew.
  • If the Droid goes in to Store mode you can bring it back up to keg/bottling temperature via the control panel.
  • If kegging you add the hop pouches to the kegs in the same manner as the primer (sucrose) sachets.

If you are using the dry hop pouches and have updated the firmware on your Droid to P017:

• You will receive a notification via the app when it is time to add the hops to the Droid.
  • Don't stir and replace the lid.
  • The Droid will automatically enter the Store mode to "cold crash" the brew and allow the debris from the hop pellets to settle to the bottom.
  • Bring the Droid back up to keg/bottling temperature via the control panel.
  • Keg or bottle using the dry hop filter connected to the Droid tap.

Yes it is one sachet of Primer (sucrose) per keg or two Carbonation Drops per 740 ml PET bottle. Add the drops to the bottle after you have filled them.

🍻

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Robert Pretty said:

Hi

After reading all your tips and Brewart video watching  

Finally got a Droid. Followed Mark and Rob's cleaning tips Used Brewart tablet and a spray with Stellar San. In goes the Tea party Larger. Why destroy a good Ale for your first attempt. 

Quick question to make sure I understand stood the video. The hops liquid or dry go in once it is in keg or store mode. After fermentation is completed .Leave in for 24 hours does it matter which mode keg or store? Then keg or bottle. 

The one packet of surcose goes in the keg before or after filling. The drops go in the bottle after filling. 

Then store 4weeks min and start on an IPA .

Hi again Robert. If using the kegs a sachet is to be put in each keg then fill and can be done at the ready to keg stage. If bottling the 2 liquid sachets are to be tipped into the droid and left for 24hrs.

The dry hops need the filter on the tap if not using a hop bag or stainless hop bomb. If using either of those then 24 hrs in the droid before kegging or bottling. This can be done at the ready to keg stage or a day or so before you reckon this may happen (more than 24hrs will not harm.

Using the storage mode is a matter of choice however is used if you follow the new dry hop mode and procedure. Refer video.

Don’t forget to update the firmware to P017 before you start your next brew.

Cheers Mark.

41 minutes ago, Robert Pretty said:

Thanks guys , appreciate the help this forum provides to newbie's. If I am doing a Rob C and bottling half and kegging half, both hoppy packs in the Droid. 

If you add the hops, does it matter how long before bottling or kegging?

Yes add to the Droid and it doesn’t really matter as to how long.

40 minutes ago, Robert Pretty said:

One last question for today. I'm sure I will have plenty more. With the new dry hops , how long do you have once it sayes to add the hops. Does it matter, will it just hold until added.

Thanks

To be honest not sure, I suspect you have to tick ✔️ when hops added however if you don’t I suspect it will go auto to cold storage as normal after 48hrs.