Strawberry Beer - Fruli clone?

bscooper0

Hi everyone,

Has anyone made a strawberry beer, such as the Fruli Strawberry beer using the brewprint ingredients?

I notice on their website it has a pretty detailed recipe/process, but being new to the beerdroid I wondered if anyone had already done anything similar or had any suggestions on whether it would be possible to produce something very similar.

Cheers!

PS - here is the link - https://www.fruli.be/fruli

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bscooper0 said:

Hi everyone,

Has anyone made a strawberry beer, such as the Fruli Strawberry beer using the brewprint ingredients?

I notice on their website it has a pretty detailed recipe/process, but being new to the beerdroid I wondered if anyone had already done anything similar or had any suggestions on whether it would be possible to produce something very similar.

Cheers!

PS - here is the link - https://www.fruli.be/fruli

Hi, Mark here and welcome to the forum. The droid will work with any wort, kit, all grain, purchased, brew in a bag etc. You could start with a simpler strawberry recipe by selecting say the BrewPrint ingredients for the Belgian Lager however as strawberries contain fermentable sugar you could drop one of the X1 malts if you don’t want the alcohol % too high. 
Not quite sure on the amount of strawberries but for 10l perhaps 500gms? You need to purée, and simmer at 70 to 80C for about 20mins to destroy any bacteria. Then pour this into a suitable size sterilised hop bag and put in the droid before the yeast and ingredients.

If bottling or using Brewflo kegs don’t add after fermentation like for dry hopping as the sugar will make highly carbonated bombs.

Cheers, Mark

Edited by Barrelboy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Mark! That's great advice. 

I use the ikegger 5L kegs for kegging so I can have a couple of varieties on the go at once. So basically chuck it all in at the start (after completing the strawberry process) and then run the program until the end, into storage mode for a bit and into the kegs as normal? 

Cheers

Brendan

25 minutes ago, bscooper0 said:

Thanks Mark! That's great advice. 

I use the ikegger 5L kegs for kegging so I can have a couple of varieties on the go at once. So basically chuck it all in at the start (after completing the strawberry process) and then run the program until the end, into storage mode for a bit and into the kegs as normal? 

Cheers

Brendan

Perfect.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/10/2020 at 11:07 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Look forward to it. (Excuse my user name, BrewArt sorting out.

cheers 

Welcome on board Captain 3 Droids , hope you can help provide an insight to brewing we will be lacking without our previously most experienced poster "Barrelboy" .

Why the name change Mate ? Is the Barrelboy moniker gone now ? 

Edited by Paul84

35 minutes ago, Paul84 said:

Welcome on board Captain 3 Droids , hope you can help provide an insight to brewing we will be lacking without our previously most experienced poster "Barrelboy" .

Why the name change Mate ? Is the Barrelboy moniker gone now ? 

Thanks for the welcome (ha) you need to look at the thread “Community Suggestions”. It started with Rob accusing me of buying all the stock and named me Captain Three Droids. Then the BrewArt Team (Liam) suggested the name change and on we we went. Bit of fun but Barrelboy is not all gone. 😁

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey team,

So it's been a couple of weeks since kegging the strawberry beer concoction and it's becoming pretty good. Absolutely nothing like the fruli but I've since read that they actually use a 30% ratio of fruit juice straight into it after its actually brewed. Still not a bad drink though!

The strawberries are fairly prominent now but it's a nice fruit taste rather than an artificial strawberry taste if that makes sense. 

PXL_20201114_094319016.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bscooper0 said:

Hey team,

So it's been a couple of weeks since kegging the strawberry beer concoction and it's becoming pretty good. Absolutely nothing like the fruli but I've since read that they actually use a 30% ratio of fruit juice straight into it after its actually brewed. Still not a bad drink though!

The strawberries are fairly prominent now but it's a nice fruit taste rather than an artificial strawberry taste if that makes sense. 

PXL_20201114_094319016.jpg

Looks good and seems to have turned out fairly well. You now have a base so if you brew again you can make adjustments, like increasing the strawberries.

What are you brewing at the moment?

Cheers, Mark 

• 10 months later...
8 hours ago, adrenalinangel said:

Using the German Weissbeir as base and made 3lt of strawberry juice to add after ferment to 7lt of beer my theory. Was to not add drops when bottling or kegging as juice would have ample left but concerned I may make some nice bombs rather than beer. Very new at this so any advice would be great.

Welcome to the forum adrenalinangel. Your right about the potential of bottle bombs if you add the strawberry juice after fermentation. Strawberries have a lot of sugar which needs to be fermented out. If using commercially purchased no additives juice (3l) add at the beginning with 7l of water, sprinkle yeast and away you go. If you are making the juice from fresh strawberries then you need to heat (in a clean sterilised pot) to 75 to 80C to eliminate any bacteria. Cool done quickly (sit pot in Some cold water) then add to water in the Droid.

• 3 weeks later...