Brewprint spreadsheet?

Nicholas Orr

Has anyone ever put together a list of all the brewprints and their ingredients?

I ordered ingredients separately, and then brewed all five of the brews I had purchased ingredients for.  But I'm left with Y9, E1, E1, E2 and X4.  There is no brew print on the website ( that I can find ) that has those ingredients.  

I did order exactly what I was after, and have a yeast leftover, so it must have been for a particular brew...  But what it is, I have no idea :)

I could brew it, it seems that Y9 is a lager year and just see what happens, but I'm curious if anyone has put together something you can quick search in?

I had the same issue when some brews changed from the H series hops to dry hops, and I didn't keep the original recipe, so I don't recall which H one I meant to add.  I found a listing to match up the types by the numbers, but it would be good to have a good listing of the recipes and what they were and have changed to.

( If anyone has a good listing, I write iOS software, could put together a quick recipe app ).

Cheers,

Nick

28 minutes ago, Nicholas Orr said:

Has anyone ever put together a list of all the brewprints and their ingredients?

I ordered ingredients separately, and then brewed all five of the brews I had purchased ingredients for.  But I'm left with Y9, E1, E1, E2 and X4.  There is no brew print on the website ( that I can find ) that has those ingredients.  

I did order exactly what I was after, and have a yeast leftover, so it must have been for a particular brew...  But what it is, I have no idea :)

I could brew it, it seems that Y9 is a lager year and just see what happens, but I'm curious if anyone has put together something you can quick search in?

I had the same issue when some brews changed from the H series hops to dry hops, and I didn't keep the original recipe, so I don't recall which H one I meant to add.  I found a listing to match up the types by the numbers, but it would be good to have a good listing of the recipes and what they were and have changed to.

( If anyone has a good listing, I write iOS software, could put together a quick recipe app ).

Cheers,

Nick

Hey Nick

I am a new brewer and purchased several brewprints with my droid but thinking about loaded up on a few more for winter.  Just curious why you ordered the ingredients separately instead of the prints?  I was thinking about ingredients myself because I think I’d save a few bucks as don’t use the primer but is there any other advantage?

thanks and regards

17 minutes ago, Andy said:

I am a new brewer and purchased several brewprints with my droid but thinking about loaded up on a few more for winter.  Just curious why you ordered the ingredients separately instead of the prints?  I was thinking about ingredients myself because I think I’d save a few bucks as don’t use the primer but is there any other advantage?

Yep, partly the primer, I've got  a dozen or more them lying around.  But I also started dry hopping before there were official brew prints that did that, so I wanted to mix and match the hops.  And you can get the hops in bulk.

Also there's a lot less packaging with the bulk orders.

I like that option, and the option to adjust recipes down the track once I settle in on a few that I like best.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Nicholas Orr said:

Yep, partly the primer, I've got  a dozen or more them lying around.  But I also started dry hopping before there were official brew prints that did that, so I wanted to mix and match the hops.  And you can get the hops in bulk.

I like that option, and the option to adjust recipes down the track once I settle in on a few that I like best.

Thanks for that...never thought about the ability to be creative with hops etc.  as my knowledge increases that will be a great option.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nicholas Orr said:

Yeah, we all have that hope, problem is, there are more than a few. I mean even last order, after brewing with Brewprints for 2 years I thought "this time, I'll get like enough for 12 prints and I'll roatet it through 4 and have three each"...and I still got 8 different ones in the 12.

It's a tough life brewing these beers, sometimes you have to sacrifice the few in the pusuit of many.

13 hours ago, Nicholas Orr said:

Ok, did a bit more searching around and found an old one here on the forum.

But oddly my ingredients still don't match any old brews...

I think I need to write my own app :)

Cheers,

Nick

Hi Nick, did you find this one?

https://community.brewart.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=427

Cheers, Mark

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 14/11/2020 at 4:15 AM, Captain 3 Droids said:

Goldmine!   I’ve been wanting to collate just to get my head around what makes the different ales and lagers.  Keen to get some brews under my belt and then start customising.   

• Upvote 1