6 Day Lockdown

Rob Courtney

So us in the state of South Australia, home to Coopers and the Beerdroid are beginning a six day lockdown thanks to a covid breach. Whilst most people should be overjoyed by this I'm not because I ask this simple question

"Why am I an essential worker?"

Could be at home, drinking beers but here I am getting ready to go to work...I can't even work from home, which is weird as I said yesterday, I've been dialling it in for the last 10 years. So if you are in SA share your stories, are you forced to work against your will, are you in that age group that should be worried about Covid...will you have enough beer to see out six days of basic lawlessness in the house and why in gods name am I an essential worker?

• Haha 2

Not forced to work, retired

The better half had a liver transplant 22 years ago, has diabetes, has dialysis 3 times a week and in the age bracket/health of major concern. Therefore other that the dialysis attendances we keep very much to ourselves during this whole virus business. 

Having to drink beer to keep Coopers and BrewArt financially viable is me doing my bit, “your brewers need you”🍺🍻🍺

You Rob are an essential worker because you won’t take the mobile phone ha ha ha.....😂

• Upvote 1

1BA7C349-7451-4911-ADF8-E3EC100B8F6B.thumb.jpeg.082ddb6ff89fc694bff002d5dd08c83e.jpeg

Here’s the wife and I doing a trip out to our storage unit yesterday evening to pick up some things we needed before the lockdown. It was of course necessary to take my old Valiant for the run out there ...

Unfortunately I’m also an Essential Worker so I won’t get out of travelling to Sydney each week for the next few. But it did get me out of an exam this morning so we could enjoy the last of the GOAT Amber Ale keg instead! 🥳

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I should add that I’m very proud of the better half for not rushing out to join the moron stampede at the supermarket and instead she dropped by the local independent bottle shop to grab some of SA’s finest craft brews - Coopers Hazy IPA and Big Shed’s Californicator.

The second of my Jolly Roger Pale Ale kegs went into the BrewFlo this morning so it should be a fun weekend.

• Haha 1

Just going to say, mixing a few different pints in the one night...happy i have spent every cent I have to make this my world for beer. Have my beers set up really well so they are all hitting the sweet spot ( to an extent)  a couple of pints of Belgium, a Lawnmower, a Pale Ale and maybe another Belgium ( no maybe...), just brilliant. If there was ever an argument for two droids...or even three...this is it. Having a range of beers ready to go, all with their own...niche, I'd have spent 80 bucks a carton at Dans getting the equivalent. 

• Upvote 3

On 20/11/2020 at 5:45 PM, Rob Courtney said:

In tribute to the shambles that was our 6 day lockdown I will have some pizza for dinner tonight

😆

We went out for a bike ride yesterday evening and inadvertentantly found ourselves riding up the side street right next to the Woodville Pizza Bar just as all the news outlets were doing their 6pm cross.

Figured we just had to do some home made pizza for dinner once we made it home.

• Haha 2

Unfortunately i am not feeling your pain ( yet) . We will get our turn. I feel my position will always feel essential because money talks ( i am not a doctor, nurse or police officer). But happy to have dollars coming through the door when some do not have that luxury.  But just finished off the highland IPA to see off my RnR . Tiger for next week 😉 . And Mark your right, a Rock Juice at $12 a can makes for a pricey hobby of your doing it from a bottleshop

• Upvote 1