Kegging without liners

Have brewed three brews of late and at least one keg liner leaks into the keg. I am aware of the inherent problem that can occur when threading the liner onto the holder. I make sure it is not cross threaded and I don't hold the liner, only the white plastic tip. I have checked all o-rings for wear etc. Has anyone kegged without using a liner. In general physics, the system should still work without a keg liner. Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Pete Mottram said:

Have brewed three brews of late and at least one keg liner leaks into the keg. I am aware of the inherent problem that can occur when threading the liner onto the holder. I make sure it is not cross threaded and I don't hold the liner, only the white plastic tip. I have checked all o-rings for wear etc. Has anyone kegged without using a liner. In general physics, the system should still work without a keg liner. Thoughts?

I haven't but the liner helps protect the brew from sunlight to begin with.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Pete Mottram said:

Hi Pete,

Technically yes but with the following caveats:

1. Keg must be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised.
  2. Keg must be protected from light (while there is beer in it).
  3. Keg must be fully consumed within a couple of hours of the first pour; otherwise the brew will oxidise and take on a odd smell/taste (as you are now pumping air directly into the beer space).
  4. There will be more beer left at the bottom you won't be able to get out without the liner.

I'd encourage you to be patient and keep trying to improve your kegging techniques for now, I'm sure BrewArt are working on the making this easier.

Cheers.

• Thanks 3