First Brewprint

Hi Everyone 

Im about to start my first brew a coopers dark ale but can’t find any instructions in the box. I hope I’m not being stupid but I’m not sure which order to add my ingredients etc. should I have some instructions or is the instructions in the app I’m confused.

Thanks in advance

Yeast first, always yeast first...don't stress too much though. Firstly, hi @Nicky Higgins welcome to the forum, ask any question you like, we are a community and whilst some of us rib each other everyone likes to help.

From memory, if you have put the yeast in last, you'd need to sterelise/sanatise a spoon and give it a gentle stir. @Captain 3 Droids had the answer to this question a while back. As i said though, don't stress, beer making is all about experimentation and making mistakes but at the nd of the process you still have beer

Edited by Rob Courtney
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Nicky Higgins said:

Thanks for all your help. 

I did sanitise my spoon and just a gentle stir so fingers crossed it will be fine. I’ll learn from my mistake.

Thanks again

All brewing is learning from mistakes and some mistakes you make and think "I'm doing it that way from now on"

• Upvote 1

It is certainly a learning process, however my input is - set up a successful routine. A cleaning regime, a sanitising regime. Know exactly what you are doing to achieve that great brew, and then don’t change it, , even with with bottling/kegging etc. It does work because you don’t have to thing, it’s a natural process.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nicky Higgins said:

So I suppose it’s a 6 pack of Panhead Supercharge until I have a brew ready 

Thanks again for all your help today 👍

568D3E2D-EE79-4B1E-AC09-6B178D09F9B4.jpeg

Keep in mind when Brewart says "2 weeks until you drink"..and it is drinkable at 2 weeks, generally it is a few more weeks til the sweetspot. This isn't to say you shouldn't drink beers until 8 weeks, I'm drinking a Bavarian lager at 4 weeks that is just...well there is a couple of effins in the description. I guess what I am saying is temper your expectations at 2 or 3 weeks and keep brewing and build stock. There is no xtandard perfect, what you like is what is perfect and it will be trial and error. What the Brewart system does is makes it bloody easy to brew the beer, which is nice

• Upvote 1