Firmware Update stuck in a loop

Paul Edwards

Hi all,

update firmware tonight and the droid itself went through the process and appeared be be complete but the app is just stuck spinning showing the “updating” message.  Been like that for a couple of hours now.  
I got a notification to say “to complete the upgrade you will now need to....” but is disappeared before I could reads it...!

any ideas?

cheers

49 minutes ago, Paul Edwards said:

Hi all,

update firmware tonight and the droid itself went through the process and appeared be be complete but the app is just stuck spinning showing the “updating” message.  Been like that for a couple of hours now.  
I got a notification to say “to complete the upgrade you will now need to....” but is disappeared before I could reads it...!

any ideas?

cheers

Switch it off and try again

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul Edwards said:

Hi all,

any ideas?

cheers

Hey Paul,

The message reads “to complete the upgrade please reconfigure your BeerDroid” or something to that extent.

So from within the app select your Droid and choose the reconfigure option and then follow the prompts. It should only take a couple of minutes.

Please let us know how you go.

Cheers.

• Thanks 2

On 07/04/2021 at 7:37 PM, Paul Edwards said:

Ah, so it's NOT just me that gets those app messages ephemerally on my phone:  they appear, and are apparently irretrievably gone before I can completely read them...  My p0018 firmware upgrade went ok fortunately.  I always worry about things bricking during firmware updates.