Mate purchased Beerdroid for Mead. Doesn't like beer, so I inherited ingrediencies.

As written in the title...I received an American Pale Ale kit, but don't own a Beerdroid. My mate doesn't enjoy beer, and purchased his Beerdroid for honey meads.  Are there any instructions for an old school brewer out there, or must I interrupt my mate's schedule?  Step-by-step, detailed time/temp instructions would be very welcome.  Turning Summer in my area, so I doubt I need to write more.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hank

1 hour ago, Hank said:

As written in the title...I received an American Pale Ale kit, but don't own a Beerdroid. My mate doesn't enjoy beer, and purchased his Beerdroid for honey meads.  Are there any instructions for an old school brewer out there, or must I interrupt my mate's schedule?  Step-by-step, detailed time/temp instructions would be very welcome.  Turning Summer in my area, so I doubt I need to write more.

Hank

Hi Hank and welcome to the forum. Now you can use the American Pale Ale kit in a normal plastic fermenter 1) as you would with the Droid. That is 10l water, sprinkle yeast on top, spread the ingredients on top except for the priming sugar. Ferment 18C if you can but no more than 22C. Or 2) other than the yeast and primer mix all the ingredients in the plastic ferment with 10l of water then sprinkle the yeast on top.

To ascertain if fermentation is complete you will need to do hydrometer checks, perhaps in 8 to 10days time.

Cheers

9 hours ago, Hank said:

Hank

I'd interupt him, it's what friends are for

1 hour ago, Rob Courtney said:

I'd interupt him, it's what friends are for

Propagate 21C 12 hours

brew at 17C

below is screenshot of that AIPA print I’m currently running    Took about 6-7 days until dry hopping time  

10L water

Yeast then chuck dry ingredients on top.  
dry hops go in at EOF-2 days

FB2DA29F-A154-45F8-982D-65BDCBF9EBE5.jpeg

• Upvote 1