Blown beer line

Robert Pretty

Hi Droiders

Put a new keg yesterday into my new Brewflo, poured 3 beers all good. Came home to afternoon , poured a beer all good. Went for a second and noticed the flow guage was reading empty. Opened the flow to find the beer line had come apart at the font end and empty a near full keg of London Own Ale into the bottom of my new Brewflo. Never had an issue with my other flow. 

Has anyone else had this issue?

IMG_20210515_161932600.jpg

IMG_20210515_162343736.jpg

6 hours ago, Robert Pretty said:

Hi Droiders

Put a new keg yesterday into my new Brewflo, poured 3 beers all good. Came home to afternoon , poured a beer all good. Went for a second and noticed the flow guage was reading empty. Opened the flow to find the beer line had come apart at the font end and empty a near full keg of London Own Ale into the bottom of my new Brewflo. Never had an issue with my other flow. 

Has anyone else had this issue?

IMG_20210515_161932600.jpg

IMG_20210515_162343736.jpg

I have had this happen once, not fun

• Upvote 1

Have always double zip tied beer lines after an involuntary Belgian ale eye wash.     Has fixed the issue for me.   Great idea on the barbed coil mate.  

sorry for the loss of beer.  It’s always hard to accept.  

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this happen twice out of one batch of beer lines which were purchased in the last month or so.

First, as soon as I hooked up the line to the keg I got a beer shower. Then the second time, I had connected the keg, and about 30 minutes later I heard a gushing sound from the BrewFlow, I figured what had happened so got some towels, opened the lid and sure enough a foamy surprise. Just glad the BrewFlow has the liquid release valve as 3/4 of the keg was now in the chamber instead of in the keg.

The first time the failure was the coil so tightening the ties would have helped, the second one the silicon tubing actually burst around where the ties are so I think tightening it would have probably made it fail sooner.

Edited by Beer Monkey
  • Upvote 2